Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2003-10-16, 11:16

Info on creating Deep funky house music

I am new to the Reason 2.5 software program and i love house music.I need to know the basic of creating Deep house music what style of Drum kit, synth,samples to use etc etc etc.
Just bought reason 2.5 and ppl already say its bad quality and some say its good.
Old 2003-10-16, 12:22

Re: Info on creating Deep funky house music

Read the Manual. Listen to the Demo Songs. Visit the Reason Song Archive, download and examine what songwriters whose music you like have done. Don't listen to the naysayers re: Sound Quality. In Reason, you must work for it, but the Board Archive contains thousands of helpful threads on getting the most out of your new software ( and alot of complete and utter BS- welcome to the board!). Search it, and experiment. Get in touch with your inner critic, and go to it!
Old 2003-10-16, 16:51

ok..... make your own samples and synth-patches..... use good reference material to compare your sounds and mix, using decent monitors and soundcard..... now start out with trying to re-create the songs you like.... it will take around 1 to 2 years after your tracks will sound somewhere like commercial available trax (unless you're a prodigy of course ... after a while you feel the natural urge to try out your own ideas....

good luck!

Olaf
Old 2003-10-16, 17:03

Remember... it's not software that's bad quality, it's people and their level of creativity. What if you use the latest Microsloth Word to make the crappiest novel ever made? Does that make the software bad? You can take a few cans of spraypaint on a wall and make a fool of yourself, but in the hands of a graffiti master, he can make an amazing piece of art.

I personally LOVE Reason, and I've been playing keyboards and synths and composing music since 1982 or so. Here we are 21 years later, and I say there's NOTHING wrong with Reason - I used to use a MOUNTAIN of gear and now with Reason... well... it has cured the Geoff Downes syndrome I used to have. It's a tool, not a magical end-all solution. But as far as my use of it, it's pretty near that end-all solution.

Welcome to the board, and don't let the nay-sayers get you down.

--------------------------
I am new to the Reason 2.5 software program and i love house music.I need to know the basic of creating Deep house music what style of Drum kit, synth,samples to use etc etc etc. Just bought reason 2.5 and ppl already say its bad quality and some say its good.