Propellerhead Software
Old 2003-11-22, 20:48

Al Hirt's "Green Hornet"

Ok, I've been looking for a good copy of this for about a year now (yes, I have heard this song before Kill Bill came out).

I need either a MIDI, or the sheet music for the "Green Hornet" theme by Al Hirt. I've done countless searches on Google and other search engines, but the MIDI that you'll always get is NOTHING like the actual theme.

If you have seen the Green Hornet TV show, then you know what I'm looking for. Any help is appreciated.

If anyone is curious, I'm arranging this track for my High School jazz band. That's why I need it.
Old 2003-11-23, 16:31

Re: Al Hirt's

:Ever heard of Google?
Old 2003-11-23, 16:39

Re: Al Hirt's "Green Hornet"

Sorry, previous response is a bit arsey. All I did was put "green hornet midi" into Google, and this is what I got.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gre...-8&hl=en&meta=
Old 2003-11-23, 17:02

Try searching for 'Flight of the Bumblebee' instead?

I think that's the actual title of the piece of music you're looking for. The main composition was written by Nikolai A. Rimsky-Korsakov, not Al Hirt, for the opera "The Tale of Tsar Saltan" (though I don't doubt that Hirt could rip out a mean rendition of it).

The television (and well before that, radio) show's theme also incorporated a slower vocal obligato, but FotB gives you the fast trumpet part.

The Green Hornet Theme I'm talking about here (with vocal added) was arranged by Billy May and is currently protected by U.S. copyright, last renewed 1994 by EMI Hastings. BMI is the rights clearance agency covering it.

The Rimsky-Korsakov on which it was based is presently in the public domain according to online sources I checked. "The Tale of Tsar Saltan" was originally published 1900.

Mef