Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2004-02-25, 00:53

Control Surface support in Reason please...

At the moment, Reason doesn't send fader information out to any midi devices. This means as it stands it is impossible to use Reason with touch-sensitive motorised faders.

I have PT LE which I use with Reason, and as a control surface I use the Baby HUI which uses the HUI protocol. Obviously, it would get too confusing if one control surface was to be used while using 2 applications such as PT and Reason. But when I use Reason by itself it would be wonderful if I could utilised my Baby HUI. Most of the control surfaces out there implement the HUI protocol and so if Reason could support this to some extent I think it could really be worth while. It could just be a simple operative such as activating HUI for the most recent mixer clicked on in Reason. The control surface would just syncronise itself accordingly with the 'active' mixer. It's just an idea.

I know that there are a number of midi-controllers which can be used with Reason, but there is nothing like using touch-sensitive motorised faders for mixdown and dynamic automations, punch-ins, etc.

I hope I am not the only one who would really welcome this in future versions.

Regards
mediaHype
Old 2004-03-02, 17:49

Sounds good to me.

This would be handy.
I have Logic Control and and XT and it would be cool to be able to to that inside Reason.
Old 2004-03-03, 12:10

Re: Control Surface support in Reason please...

..and the Behringer b-controlers would rock!
random.
Old 2004-08-17, 13:11

You are not the only one. I just got a BCF2000 from Behringer with motorized faders. It would be lovely to see the faders moving when I move the faders in Reason - now this is impossible. I don't need midi out, only that Reason sends controller data to the selected remote controller. Please fix this for the next updrade!!!!
Old 2004-08-22, 21:46

i agree! i use a Mackie Control with PT LE in HUI emulation mode. i also use Reason with PT all the time.

it would be a wonderful thing to be able to use the same controller for both app's.