Propellerhead Software
Old 2004-03-13, 18:32
CMDan

Midi Keyboard Sound messed up

Heya folks,

Well, I just got Reason 2.5 as a gift and bought an (expensive) midi cable for my keyboard.
I have a Roland EM-10 creative keyboard with MIDI capabilities.
Took me a LONG DAMN while to get it set up. Who knew that it transmits on CHANNEL 4? nobody suggested it anywhere in the manual of the keyboard, nor in the Reason manual. It also took me a while to figure out how to turn off the local sound.

Anyhow - To my PROBLEM:
After connecting it, when I try to play using the synthesizer in Reason - sometimes it plays the notes, sometimes it doesn't - and it often gets HUNG UP completely on some note - often even on a note I didn't even press! then even when I disconnect the keyboard the note plays, going slowly quieter and quieter - for about a few minutes. and the only way to make it stop is to click the 'stop' button in reason.
I am eXtremely frustrated... All those hours of trying to set it all up, connect it all, and get it to work - and now sound is messed up!
Funny enough - it's not processor-related. The CPU load is at about 0, or very close to it.
I have windows XP, 733Mhz with 384Mb Ram, a 20Gb HD with about 2.5Gb free. My sound card is a "Creative Sound Blaster MPU-401" according to reason (This is what I use for the MIDI).

Anybody has ANY clue what to do to get this fixed - I'll be forever grateful.

Sincerely,

-CMD
Old 2004-03-13, 23:52

Re: Midi Keyboard Sound messed up

It sounds like something in the midi-chain is broken to me. I had a very similar error a while back, it turned out my midi input port were burned. But who knows, if you're lucky it's not a hardware issue, but then I don't know what could be wrong.
www.origin-one.com