Propellerhead Software
Old 2004-05-15, 08:44

Tuning rooms with automatic EQ's?

I need experienced help.

I left the hard part for last....tuning my room....in addition to buying carpets, drapes and foam, I was looking at this all-in-1 EQ, RTA (real time analyzer). I wanted a device that would auto EQ my room cause I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I also wanted a digital display with all of the various metering styles. I like that it has numerous I/O's including optical digital in and out. Also phantom powered mic input. Compressor, limiter, gate...etc.

This unit uses the mic below to listen to itself play self-contained pink noise. Then depending on the output from speakers, it will adjust the EQ to get the desired results for the room (for studio this would be getting a flat room).
But is this a good unit for the price? (hard to find a review)

Behringer DEQ2496 Ultra-Curve Pro Mastering Processor $339.99

Behringer ECM8000 Ultra-Flat Microphone $49.99 (accessory for real-time analyzer/ room tuning of above)

img src="http://www.behringer.com//ECM8000/ECM8000_big.jpg"

FROM THE COMPANY....

Its extremely high audio performance makes it ideal for audiophile mastering and PA purposes. There are 4 concurrently selectable EQ modules (31-band graphic EQ, 10-band parametric EQ, Feedback Destroyer and three dynamic EQs per channel).

Another highlight is the additional 61-band RTA that can run simultaneously with the EQ section. The DEQ2496 features high-quality AKM