Propellerhead Software
Old 2004-08-20, 15:37

Putting acapella in sync

Hi folks, I would like to know which software and how you guys have been using to sync an acapella to your beats.
I'm using acid 4 but sometimes the acapella is not in a constant time and you have to pass the beatmapper several times in diferent points of the music.
I was wondering if theres a plug in or a software than can do that, I know about Live, but if it's not constant it has the same problem.
Specially when you have a song of 67 bpm and you want to double the tempo to make a house tune without afecting the original voice.
Old 2004-08-20, 16:35
pseudonyM

Re: Putting acapella in sync

Hiya mate, I'm really new to all this jaz meself but I'd highly recommend a copy of Adobe Audition, select the parts of the wave form you want to alter and you can increase tempo without increasing the pitch, it's very clever very versatile stuff, unfortunately it still requires musical talent of some sort to arrange the acapella and music together so my attempts have remained fairly grotesque.
Old 2004-08-20, 16:46

Acid and Live does that as well, that's not a big thing, the problem is when it is not constant , maybe Melodyne does that, does anyone know?
Old 2004-08-20, 17:07

My guess would be that most people here are using ReCycle to do this sort of thing.

Check it out if you haven't already.

Rob
Old 2004-08-20, 22:39

Live warpmarkers

If you use Live you can use warpmarkers to adjust for minor changes in tempo in an audio track. This will keep vocals, drums and any other audio you have, from drifting off the tempo. Like I said though, this is for minor tempo issues, if the singers suddenly jump from 67 BPM to 30 BPM, the warpmarkers won't help.

I'm not sure if Live can do tempo changes, but if it can then you could rewire it to Reason and keep tempo changes synced that way.