Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2004-08-30, 01:36

-Symphonictrance- New Deep Trance song from THE VeG-

So,
I just bought a new M-Audio Radium 49 Midi keyboard. I have just finished a song that was written with my new hardware (mostly anyway). The song is called 'Symphonictrance' and you will see why once you hear it. There are no Dr. Rex loops used in this song! All percussion work was done in Redrum! As always feed back is welcome.

Thanks

THE VeG
Symphonictrance - MP3 Format -
Old 2004-08-31, 16:16

Re: -Symphonictrance- New Deep Trance song from THE VeG-

Hi

I like the track and I think it progresses well and keeps interest up. I think the production lets it down though - the bass sounds a bit muddy, the drums don't have the punch you'd expect them to and the synths all sound kind of mono. My suggestions would be to EQ the bass giving emphasis around 100hz and subtracting frequencies from between 250-500hz, and with the drums I'd also give an emphasis at about 100hz - you might want to give a boost to the drums at about 1khz too. I'd set up a Unison as a send effect and feed amounts of about 50 (at a guess) to your synths to help them get more stereo width, possibly use panning or panned delays as well. Not bad so far, keep at it!
Stompp at Soundclick
Old 2004-08-31, 23:58

Hey Stompp!

Thanks dude. I am not 100% on the production of this song either. I have been playing with settings and am still having trouble getting it to sound 'real.' It's a problem I have any time I try to layer lots of different sounds. Everything is already split into stereo and like you said they sound mono. I think it may be the reverb or something?? I will try your suggestions.

Thanks!

VeG OUT!

- Symphonictrance - MP3 Format -
Old 2004-09-01, 15:46

VeG,

Ah... a nice, loud, trance song.

I think you have some really good ideas here, but it needs some tweaking. Try bringing the levels in and out to emphasize some parts while taking attention away from some other parts. For example, that steady noise you have playing throughout almost the entire piece (it does drop out during your breakdown)... it starts out pretty loud and it works, but then it just sits there throughout the rest of the song. By automating that instrument a little I think you would add a little more depth to your piece.

It works, though. All it needs is a little polish.

Take care,

Robb
Grumpus at Soundclick
Old 2004-09-02, 01:01

Thanks for the info Robb!

I will give it some attention!

Thanks!

VeG,
:
:Ah... a nice, loud, trance song.
:
:I think you have some really good ideas here, but it needs some tweaking. Try bringing the levels in and out to emphasize some parts while taking attention away from some other parts. For example, that steady noise you have playing throughout almost the entire piece (it does drop out during your breakdown)... it starts out pretty loud and it works, but then it just sits there throughout the rest of the song. By automating that instrument a little I think you would add a little more depth to your piece.
:
:It works, though. All it needs is a little polish.
:
:Take care,
:
:Robb
WAV Stain Productions