Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2004-09-10, 22:05

OK. More new stuff from me: "The Infant King ? A City Born"

More stuff for the game soundtrack reel I'm working on.
Feedback always welcome!
Oh and it's 100% Reason 2.5 with finalization in Sound Forge 6.0.

"The Infant King ? A City Born": http://www.soundclick.com/util/strea...D=1593500&q=Hi

More of my music at Sound Click: http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=108256
"The Infant King ? A City Born"
Old 2004-09-10, 22:07

Ooops! Should Read: "The Infant King - A City Born"

More stuff for the game soundtrack reel I'm working on.
:Feedback always welcome!
:Oh and it's 100% Reason 2.5 with finalization in Sound Forge 6.0.
:
:"The Infant King - A City Born": http://www.soundclick.com/util/strea...D=1593500&q=Hi
:
:More of my music at Sound Click: http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=108256
"The Infant King - A City Born"
Old 2004-09-12, 00:33

Re: OK. More new stuff from me

You really love that violin refill dont ya
Just wondering what kind of game this music is meant for... (it sounds kinda serious) and how much soundforge and how much reason has been put into it (if you can say it like that)... (And if a newborn king should not be heralded welcome with horns or something...but maybe thats another song.

Great stuff.

Dix

Old 2004-09-12, 00:55

Re: OK. More new stuff from me

:You really love that violin refill dont ya

You know it. It's allowing me to create tracks that I just couldn't with my other string libraries. It's a very stellar set of tools.

:Just wondering what kind of game this music is meant for... (it sounds kinda serious)

Imagine a scene with a small child being heralded by its parents, playing with gifts and toys as your view pans out a window over a sumptuous palace set in mainland Europe in the nineteenth century. A city is being constructed around its boarders as merchants trade and people are bustling.
That's what I'm seeing anyway. Perhaps imagine The Sims in the old country or a scene from one of the AOE games.

:and how much soundforge and how much reason has been put into it (if you can say it like that)... (And if a newborn king should not be heralded welcome with horns or something...but maybe thats another song.

It was created exclusively in Reason 2.5 and exported at 24/44.1 directly out of Reason.

SoundForge 6.0 was used on the exported audio for multiband compression, volume maximizing and then dithering/noise shaping to 16/44.1 and mp3 audio.

:Great stuff.
:
ix

Thanks Dix.
www.DJDM.com
Old 2004-09-12, 13:39

Re: OK. More new stuff from me: "The Infant King ? A City Bo

Hi DM

I think the composition is fantastic... but there's something about the production that I just can't put my finger on. Too much reverb perhaps? Something about it sounds unnatural. Maybe the decay is too long. I particularly love the section starting at 1:03 by the way, very expressive part!
Stompp at Soundclick
Old 2004-09-12, 20:26

Re: OK. More new stuff from me: "The Infant King ? A City Bo

:Hi DM
:
:I think the composition is fantastic... but there's something about the production that I just can't put my finger on. Too much reverb perhaps? Something about it sounds unnatural. Maybe the decay is too long. I particularly love the section starting at 1:03 by the way, very expressive part!

Hey Stompp,
Yeah I was on the fence about the reverb. It sounds like orchestral music that was recorded in a large hall so it does not have that immediate feeling and at points it does become a little distracting. Part of this is due to the post production work in Sound Forge. Compression has a tendency to highlight your effects.
Either way I thought it was just this side of OK so I left it. It may be too much for some but I like ambience in almost anything so I guess I biased.
Thanks for the feedback.
www.DJDM.com