Propellerhead Software
Old 2006-10-10, 01:32

Problems with Sequencer Recording

I use Reason rewired with ProTools and I can record in the Reason sequencer just fine. My problem is using my Windows laptop with my usb midi controller. I use an ASIO low latency card to balance the delay but I just can't get the sequencer to record. The record button lights up and acts like it's ready to record but captures no data. I think I have it routed correctly but maybe there is something obvious I'm missing. Any thoughts? I'm trying to create basics on the laptop when I travel and then bring it to the studio at a later time.
Old 2006-10-10, 02:29

Re: Problems with Sequencer Recording

Is the correct controller selected in the preferences?
Is the track you want to record in highlighted in the left column in the sequencer window?
Old 2006-10-10, 07:16

Re: Problems with Sequencer Recording

: Is the correct controller selected in the preferences?
: Is the track you want to record in highlighted in the left column in the sequencer window?

Yes and Yes, However I did do something different that fixed one thing but raised another question. I was using a USB controller and I used the midi plug on the controller in place of the USB. The USB does everthing correctly except record. It now records as expected. Why can't I use the USB. USB doesn't required the extra AC power and works best when traveling light.