Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2007-06-10, 07:24

Reason freezes when Pro Tools 002 Rack is powered on

Hi!
Just got Reason Full 3.0 for my Mac Powerbook G4. But when I try to run Reason, it won't start up if I have my 002 Pro Tools Rack powered on. It just freezes...When the rack is turned off however, I can run Reason 3.0 but only with internal sound - but should this be occuring? I thought I could run my keyboard through Pro Tools hardware via midi and everything was kosher (IE I should be able to hear Reason sounds through my speakers via Pro Tools rack). Maybe I need to update my version of Reason? Maybe it's my MAC OS - Currently running 10.3.3 but perhaps I should upgrade to 10.3.8 and that will solve the problem? I know there's a plugin for Pro Tools called Reason adapted that will allow me to run a lower form of Reason within Pro TOols - - but I'm looking to get my full 3.0 Reason version rolling on its own (then just export stuff to pro tools as needed). Can't seem to find a clear answer out there - Turning to any MAC/Reason/pro tools gurus for help
Thanks for any help in advance!
Old 2007-06-12, 04:30

Re: Reason freezes when Pro Tools 002 Rack is powered on

: Hi,
I'm not an expert at all, but I have a Powerbook G4 (OS 10.4.9) running Pro Tools 7.3.1, and also run Reason 3.0. I just traded my Mbox for an 003 rack and also got a new intel based Mac Pro. yeah, getting stuff to all work together can be a mess, but once it does, wow! Digidesign's website has online videos ("Pro Tools Accelerated") on how to assign Reason devices to Pro Tools tracks via Rewire, and then play those devices via a midi keyboard, potentially recording them right into waveforms within Pro tools. I do not use Adapted, since I had the full Reason 3.0 version, and it works great. Oh, one thing you should be sure to do is always open Pro Tools before Reason --in that order, and close Reason (the "slave") first and then Pro Tools ("the host'). Also, if you are just using Reason without Pro tools, be sure to go into Reason preferences Audio Audio Card and select the 002 (it should be appearing there.) That way you can play Reason through your 002 and presumably some monitor speakers. Again, I'm not an expert but getting software and every available update can only help.
Best of luck.
Patrick

Hi!
: Just got Reason Full 3.0 for my Mac Powerbook G4. But when I try to run Reason, it won't start up if I have my 002 Pro Tools Rack powered on. It just freezes...When the rack is turned off however, I can run Reason 3.0 but only with internal sound - but should this be occuring? I thought I could run my keyboard through Pro Tools hardware via midi and everything was kosher (IE I should be able to hear Reason sounds through my speakers via Pro Tools rack). Maybe I need to update my version of Reason? Maybe it's my MAC OS - Currently running 10.3.3 but perhaps I should upgrade to 10.3.8 and that will solve the problem? I know there's a plugin for Pro Tools called Reason adapted that will allow me to run a lower form of Reason within Pro TOols - - but I'm looking to get my full 3.0 Reason version rolling on its own (then just export stuff to pro tools as needed). Can't seem to find a clear answer out there - Turning to any MAC/Reason/pro tools gurus for help
: Thanks for any help in advance!