Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2007-07-02, 13:06

Still no frequency analyzer :(((

I can`t believe it... There is still no frequency spectrum analyzer in Reason 4.

That is a absolutely must have device for professional producing.

By the way, the possibility the detach single devices to seperate windows (only a view of them hanging in the original rack) would be very useful because I could always see me frequency spectrum while scrolling through my rack or working on a new sound.
Old 2007-07-03, 07:33

analysis suite would be nice

I agree that having a suite of lightweight analysis tools would be really nice. Not only that, but extra functionality could be added by giving them frequency detection capabilities. Frequency-to-CV threshold kind of stuff for triggering.
Old 2007-07-03, 10:41

Re: Still no frequency analyzer :(((

I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday, it would be a worthy addition. However, I've heard you can use the vocoder as a spectrum analyzer, so maybe that's the way to go.
Old 2007-07-08, 23:33

: I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday, it would be a worthy addition. However, I've heard you can use the vocoder as a spectrum analyzer, so maybe that's the way to go.

Yep, here's a lil tutorial for that
Linky
Old 2007-07-09, 09:24

: : I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday, it would be a worthy addition. However, I've heard you can use the vocoder as a spectrum analyzer, so maybe that's the way to go.
:
: Yep, here's a lil tutorial for that

Thanks
Old 2007-07-03, 17:46

: I can`t believe it... There is still no frequency spectrum analyzer in Reason 4.

The vocoder is a good tool for that job.

For more professional aspects of frequency-analyzing I use other programs than Reason.
Old 2007-07-04, 05:58

: I can`t believe it... There is still no frequency spectrum analyzer in Reason 4.
:
: That is a absolutely must have device for professional producing.
:
: By the way, the possibility the detach single devices to seperate windows (only a view of them hanging in the original rack) would be very useful because I could always see me frequency spectrum while scrolling through my rack or working on a new sound.

just buy a vst analyzer and run reason into a rewire host and add the analyzer into the effect inserts for the rewire in channel...
Old 2007-07-04, 10:19

I know all of the alternatives. But at first I want a single sequencer to work with and not multiple applications just for doing the job usually one apllication should do... By the way I love working with Reason and it`s CPU-friendly performance. I don`t want to slow down my PC by using another big host.

1. The vocoder: The analyzing of the vocoder and it`s visual look is not really useful. Because the bass-amount is almost at the limit and it is not detailed enough!

2. ReWire: At first I have no other host sequencer and I don`t want to pay for another. By the way we all ove the performance of Reason. So why slow down our CPUs by using another sequencer which is not as cpu friendly as Reason???

Cheers
Old 2007-07-04, 10:39

: I know all of the alternatives. But at first I want a single sequencer to work with and not multiple applications just for doing the job usually one apllication should do... By the way I love working with Reason and it`s CPU-friendly performance. I don`t want to slow down my PC by using another big host.
:
: 1. The vocoder: The analyzing of the vocoder and it`s visual look is not really useful. Because the bass-amount is almost at the limit and it is not detailed enough!
:
: 2. ReWire: At first I have no other host sequencer and I don`t want to pay for another. By the way we all ove the performance of Reason. So why slow down our CPUs by using another sequencer which is not as cpu friendly as Reason???
:
: Cheers

who ever said one application should do everything??? if you want it to do everything then why not ask for cd burning capability, dj style mixing, notation, vider for film score: why you dont want these things. You just want reason to do everything YOU do. Unfortunatly not everyone does what you do.
Your not looking at the big picture : you do have somthing that does everything, a computer. Be thankful that you dont need a console, dat deck, rack of effects, keyboards etc
Old 2007-07-04, 11:46

A frequency analyzer is not a nice to have tool for a sequencer, it is a needed device to check your frequency spectrum. All other sequencers have the possibility to load them via VST or built in. It would be a great improvement for Reason. But I think this discussion will never end if we don`t stop it here