Propellerhead Software
Old 2007-10-01, 04:58

Thor sequencer to track function?

Does anyone know how to get a thor sequencer track to be copied/recorded/moved to an actual sequencer track? I tried recording and that didn't work and I cannot find a "To Track" like Dr. Rex has nor a "Copy Pattern to Track" like Redrum. Is this just not possible?
Old 2007-10-01, 05:10

Re: Thor sequencer to track function?

: Does anyone know how to get a thor sequencer track to be copied/recorded/moved to an actual sequencer track? I tried recording and that didn't work and I cannot find a "To Track" like Dr. Rex has nor a "Copy Pattern to Track" like Redrum. Is this just not possible?

Not possible from what I understand.
Old 2007-10-02, 17:37

: Does anyone know how to get a thor sequencer track to be copied/recorded/moved to an actual sequencer track? I tried recording and that didn't work and I cannot find a "To Track" like Dr. Rex has nor a "Copy Pattern to Track" like Redrum. Is this just not possible?

I was wondering the same thing when I was working with thor. I havn't tryed this but maybe you can put it in a comb. assign a button on the comb. to the run button on the thor then automate the comb. to run the thor when needed.
Old 2007-10-02, 23:02

: : Does anyone know how to get a thor sequencer track to be
: I was wondering the same thing when I was working with thor. I havn't tryed this but maybe you can put it in a comb. assign a button on the comb. to the run button on the thor then automate the comb. to run the thor when needed.

Sounds like a good idea, only problem is there is no parameter to mod that will work. I tried automating the run mode but as soon as you switch it off, and then back on, there is nothing to turn on the Run button. I even tried setting a pad on my controller to the button, but nothing goes down when I try to record the automation.
Old 2007-10-03, 01:32

The problem I have is that you can route anything you want to S.Trig to start the Thor sequencer, but there's no way to stop or reset it once it gets going. I already put in a Feature Request for a stop/reset CV input which would make the thing virtually perfect.

If all you need to do is get it going, then just use the modulation routing to hook something up to trigger the sequencer and you're all set.

So far the Thor sequencer is my favorite Reason 4 feature!

F.
Old 2007-10-03, 03:12

: The problem I have is that you can route anything you want to S.Trig to start the Thor sequencer, but there's no way to stop or reset it once it gets going. I already put in a Feature Request for a stop/reset CV input which would make the thing virtually perfect.
:
: If all you need to do is get it going, then just use the modulation routing to hook something up to trigger the sequencer and you're all set.
:
: So far the Thor sequencer is my favorite Reason 4 feature!
:
: F.

Actually there is a way but its a seeeecret.. Am sure if you think really hard you could do it. if you make it work for you - you could customize and tailor it to do what you want as oppose to me telling you how to do it.
Old 2007-12-03, 16:09

:
: Actually there is a way but its a seeeecret..

well, that's not very helpful

you can always automate the mixer (mute button / volume). not ideal, but it works!
Old 2007-10-03, 03:08

Thor sequencer is not for that actually,

: it is suppose to be its own generator free from the restricted timeline it is a independent SEQ that also can be unlocked from the songs main tempo to. You would use the RPG for the task of what you are questioning. The RPG is built upon the same principals with the added ability to drop note to the track among other things.
Old 2007-10-03, 14:17

Re: Thor sequencer is not for that actually,

: : it is suppose to be its own generator free from the restricted timeline it is a independent SEQ that also can be unlocked from the songs main tempo to. You would use the RPG for the task of what you are questioning. The RPG is built upon the same principals with the added ability to drop note to the track among other things.::

Yes! I when home last night and fiddled with thor a bit more, and noticed that the seq. for thor is independant of the time line as well. Thor is a beast and you automate every little thing on that sucker. It's almost to much for me to get my head around sometimes. I totaly forgot about the RPG8. I have been total focased on learning Thor.

~ J