Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-02-28, 05:54

Angry ill be a shamed

so i was at a store called guitar center an they told me that even tho reasons dont allow vst and rtas you will still be able to use instrument patches from a software i bought go lucky me im having an ordeal the software i bought supports nki files witch is for kontakt no theres gotta be a converter out there because i cant figure out one way on how to convert nki files to wav/ rex files
Old 2012-02-28, 09:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncefaly View Post
so i was at a store called guitar center an they told me that even tho reasons dont allow vst and rtas you will still be able to use instrument patches from a software i bought go lucky me im having an ordeal the software i bought supports nki files witch is for kontakt no theres gotta be a converter out there because i cant figure out one way on how to convert nki files to wav/ rex files
How do these morons get jobs - good luck with converting a .nki to .sxt file it isn't going to happen.
If the files have scripting in them for the Kontakt engine you're fat out of luck I'm afraid.
Incompetent sales staff who don't know what they're selling should not be employed by these people.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:08

Go get our money back

-Jay Electronica, 2011
Old 2012-02-28, 11:02

Actually this is possible with a software called Chicken Systems Translator. It's actually very genius and good. There are some problems when converting poorly made Kontakt patches but it works quite well most of the time. It's all in how well the patch was made. Some protected patches might not be able to translate. I've used it a great deal. Maybe send me some patches and I'll see if they convert.

Corey.Scott(at)mail(dot)com
Old 2012-02-28, 12:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epithet View Post
Actually this is possible with a software called Chicken Systems Translator. It's actually very genius and good. There are some problems when converting poorly made Kontakt patches but it works quite well most of the time. It's all in how well the patch was made. Some protected patches might not be able to translate. I've used it a great deal. Maybe send me some patches and I'll see if they convert.

Corey.Scott(at)mail(dot)com
Interesting - I know you can easily get NNXT patches into Kontakt but have never heard of people having any luck the other way round.
Old 2012-02-28, 12:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomecron View Post
Interesting - I know you can easily get NNXT patches into Kontakt but have never heard of people having any luck the other way round.
He's right, but possibly only up to a point. I know Chicken 5 could only translate Kontakt 1 and 2 patches though, which were pretty basic anyway. I've no idea if the current version can do Kontakt 3, 4 and 5.
Old 2012-03-10, 06:42

digial routing maybe?

Soundflower or Jack is always an option. Unfortunately you would have to record it as audio though.
Old 2012-03-10, 07:26

Smile

Translating a Kontakt patch to an NN-XT patch is a massive undertaking, we're talking about a day per patch - and you won't get the sound exactly the same, only the sample mapping. You'd be best off either using a DAW then importing to Reason, a duplexed driver solution (Soundflower, Jack etc), or using 2 audio interfaces that use seperate ASIO drivers. The last of these 3 is probably the most hassle free, but is still best when combined with a DAW for the MIDI side of things.

Still, the buzz around here is that things may be changing in some regard to this kind of problem, although this is still purely speculative. A little patience may go a long way right now though.

Check out this thread:
https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=155612

Peace
Old 2013-09-27, 12:21

http://www.cdxtract.com/cdxtract.php
Old 2013-09-27, 18:01

Guitar Center is the Radio Shack of music stores. don't enter unless you already know what you want, because the people there almost certainly know less than you do..