Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2012-03-27, 23:37
Hessel123's Avatar
Hessel123 Hessel123 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 124
Native Instruments RE plugins?

I got Komplete 8 a while ago. for now I'm just using it inside logic while rewiring Reason 6 with it but it would be awesome if Native Instruments create RE versions of their plugins so I can skip Logic Pro & run it inside Reason.

will this even be possible?

I heard that the plugin API is stil very limited, but would it be too limited to let Native Instruments convert their plugins to RE format?
  #2  
Old 2012-03-28, 09:13
Djwill1s's Avatar
Djwill1s Djwill1s is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 577
maybe Razor and Massive could be ported to RE, but you don't have a chance with Reaktor and very limited chance with Kontakt.
__________________
"Those about to rock... check your copyright protection"

Check out my debut E.P sustainable destruction on bandcamp.

http://omicron.bandcamp.com/
  #3  
Old 2012-03-28, 11:05
EpiGenetik's Avatar
EpiGenetik EpiGenetik is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,606
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwill1s View Post
maybe Razor and Massive could be ported to RE, but you don't have a chance with Reaktor and very limited chance with Kontakt.
Razor IS Reaktor. Massive is cack
__________________
"I decided to call my music 'organized sound' and myself, not a musician but 'a worker in rhythms, frequencies, and intensities'”
Edgard Varèse 1962
  #4  
Old 2012-03-28, 11:15
EpiGenetik's Avatar
EpiGenetik EpiGenetik is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,606
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessel123 View Post
I heard that the plugin API is stil very limited, but would it be too limited to let Native Instruments convert their plugins to RE format?
It depends on what NI wanted to do. Most likely they would wish to test the water first. Reaktor Player is likely to be the first thing to come over IMHO.

From what I know of programming and GUI technicalities, the 2 easiest to do would be Absynth and FM8. Guitar Rig, full Reaktor including Core, and Kontakt? Forget about it.

Over time the Props will of course widen the boundaries themselves, but I imagine it's quite likely that someone will develop a VST bridging RE. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, and in fact as so many plugins have DirectSound versions, it may not even need to involve VST at all, which for me would be a preference in all honesty.

Cheers
__________________
"I decided to call my music 'organized sound' and myself, not a musician but 'a worker in rhythms, frequencies, and intensities'”
Edgard Varèse 1962
  #5  
Old 2012-03-28, 15:39
Michael1985's Avatar
Michael1985 Michael1985 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 587
A reduced version of Kontakt should be possible, I mean the ensembles as rack extensions, not the whole kontakt rack.
  #6  
Old 2012-03-28, 16:13
BonezMcCoy's Avatar
BonezMcCoy BonezMcCoy is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1985 View Post
A reduced version of Kontakt should be possible, I mean the ensembles as rack extensions, not the whole kontakt rack.
I think you mean Reaktor... the modular system for building devices (referred to as ensembles).
  #7  
Old 2012-03-28, 16:34
Michael1985's Avatar
Michael1985 Michael1985 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy View Post
I think you mean Reaktor... the modular system for building devices (referred to as ensembles).
also kontakt has ensembles, the single rack devices inside kontakt.

These would fit perfectly inside the Reason rack.
  #8  
Old 2012-03-28, 17:09
BonezMcCoy's Avatar
BonezMcCoy BonezMcCoy is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1985 View Post
also kontakt has ensembles, the single rack devices inside kontakt.

These would fit perfectly inside the Reason rack.
I think the term used by NI is Kontakt instrument. They use "Ensemble" for Reaktor devices, even the file extension is .ens. Anyways, I get your point. In this case, a better option would be a Kontakt player, like the AU/VST/RTAS one, that would be able to play any Kontakt content. It'd be good to have a Reaktor player too. Out there the players are free but the content is not, we could have the same inside Reason (though I'd pass since I already own NI Komplete).
  #9  
Old 2012-03-28, 18:33
Michael1985's Avatar
Michael1985 Michael1985 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy View Post
It'd be good to have a Reaktor player too. Out there the players are free but the content is not, we could have the same inside Reason (though I'd pass since I already own NI Komplete).
No, all the possibilties of editing would be nice. We need a sampler inside Reason which has a advanced sample editor and advanced replay options like no chnacing speed/formants.

Yes, I mean instrument, thanks.
  #10  
Old 2012-03-29, 01:17
bruunm bruunm is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 119
Well in some way we already have a system that works like Reaktor ( minus the awesome modules in NI's offering).

We can patch and combine any modules in reason anyway we like and have them in a combinator :-)

So you would think that reaktor could become a series of modules combined in either a Combinator or a Reaktinator :-p (just for future reference and brag rights, you heard it here first,.... after all thats all the rage at the moment " i invented Re" " no he did.... etc :-D )

Anyways I cant wait to see who will come on board and I do love the NI stuff. Also hopefully we will get a nice covolution reverb at some stage :-)

Cheers
/M.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So what's so good about plugins? dioxide Phead User Forum (read only) 9 2011-11-12 14:33
Got Refills? eSoundz World Instruments bundle Group Buy! Meffy Phead User Forum (read only) 1 2005-08-16 12:59
Native Instruments talks to Trent Reznor bedrock22 Phead User Forum (read only) 23 2005-07-04 20:43
OT: The overhead and stress of plugins, etc.. (Deep Breath) markholloway Phead User Forum (read only) 5 2005-06-21 17:37


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:19.