Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-05-06, 10:46

One MIDI controller to control different rack elements

Hello,
I tried to get some information, but maybe I was unclear.
I want to know if there possibility to have one MIDI controllers with knobs etc. but it would control different settings of rack elements - effects, instruments.
I have one MIDI keyboard and want to change the Overriding Mapping e.g. Subtractor but when I change instrument for different or for effect (just existing in my rack) everything is lost and I need to assign everything de novo.
Is there possibility to save the setup of rack element and then when I click on another one - new setup is automatically activated to not buying 10-12 MIDI controllers to assign rack element? And is there possibility to save it in Preferences somehow, to not need assign controller each time I add new rack element that already have been assigned by to another track?

Best regards
Old 2012-05-06, 13:58

Your midi controller should save each template for each item in the rack. As you change the rack instrument, just load the associated template. The only issue is with the position of the knobs in relation to the settings in the rack. Continuous knobs are favourable here, as they just pick up where the rack setting is (generally).

You only need one controller for the whole of reasons instruments and fx. Templates can be found within reason and on the net for most common controllers.
Old 2012-05-08, 11:37
SwenGoetz

Welches Propellerhead Programm benutzt Du?
Old 2012-05-08, 15:49

a MIDI controller is the scene and you can use them for different tasks