Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-06-17, 03:54

Unhappy Rack Extensions not showing up in the Reason tool window

hello!

I download and installed Reason 6.5 update to 6.0 using the online instructions, everything worked fine. I downloaded the free and some trial version of rack extensions using the authorizer and they are not showing up in my tool window in Reason...did I miss a step? I watched the video and it looked like when you down the new instrument or fx using the Authorizer, it will show up in Reason. I've tried restarted and rebooting...no luck. help.

Lynda
Old 2012-06-17, 04:04

Nevermind...figured it out...needed to download the Rack Extension license to my ignition key. Missed that step along the way.
Old 2012-06-19, 15:52

Rack extension not showing

I had the same thing happen. What I ended up trying, which worked, was to unplug the USB key and authenticate through the internet. When I did that, the free extensions I downloaded were present I don't know if I'll have to do that every time or not. My new issue is that the extension isn't automatically routing like other rack devices do.

I hope that helps.
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynda View Post
hello!

I download and installed Reason 6.5 update to 6.0 using the online instructions, everything worked fine. I downloaded the free and some trial version of rack extensions using the authorizer and they are not showing up in my tool window in Reason...did I miss a step? I watched the video and it looked like when you down the new instrument or fx using the Authorizer, it will show up in Reason. I've tried restarted and rebooting...no luck. help.

Lynda
Old 2012-06-19, 15:58

Ha - I didn't read this reply. This helps me too! Thanks!
Old 2013-03-15, 14:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by grundyhome View Post
through the internet. When I did that, the free extensions I downloaded were present
Yups me too.
Though the ignition does say something wrt to the racks and lics being installed, the 'account' page explains that licenses for demo RE's can not be placed on the Dongle, so for demoRE's it seems you must use internet authentication.

Kr,
Old 2013-03-15, 22:43

You need to start Reason with inline authorization...without a USB donlge.