Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-07-19, 09:59

Cool Reason on MacBook Pro with Retina display

So I just got myself a new MBPr from Apple and not surprisingly Reason, like any program not specifically programmed/patched for use with the new Retina display, looks like crap. No offense of course. This is perfectly normal and something similar happened already with iPad/iPad apps before they were patched to use the Retina display on those devices.

I know you can just turn everything into 2880x1800 to regain the 1:1 pixel accuracy and get ALOT of real estate which is especially useful for the mixer, but unless you happen to be a fish eagle this isn't very practical on a 15" screen.

So are there any plans to patch/adapt Reason 6.5 to make use of the Retina display on the new MBPr ?
Old 2012-07-19, 10:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoddAH View Post

So are there any plans to patch/adapt Reason 6.5 to make use of the Retina display on the new MBPr ?
Props will never announce plans like that until they launch a beta. But given that requirements for high resolution assets for RE developers, I'd wager Reason 7 will support this.
Old 2012-07-19, 12:23

I guess it will look crap for some longer. The props kinda maneuvered themselves into a corner with the bitmap based UI. Its not so easy to scale that up, you basically need to replace _all_ images. Afaik RE's now use vector graphics which handle scaling more graceful (at least for the placing).
Old 2012-07-19, 13:04

https://www.propellerheads.se/compan...PlanCmtID=2002
Old 2012-07-19, 13:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioxide View Post
This "problem" is only when you run the monitor in double-dpi mode which you only do if you have hawks eyes and need a huge desktop space. Normally the UI size is like it always was, it just looks "blurry" as its using only half of the pixels in each direction.