Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-08-13, 04:29

How to do a remix in Reason 6???

Was just wondering how i can do a remix in reason 6. Would i use recycle to open a song then export it to reason? Do i find a accapella from iTunes then import it to another software program and then to reason?? Please any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!
Old 2012-08-13, 04:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghadgi01 View Post
Was just wondering how i can do a remix in reason 6. Would i use recycle to open a song then export it to reason? Do i find a accapella from iTunes then import it to another software program and then to reason?? Please any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!!
Importing said song into ReCycle, slicing up, and then exporting as a rex2 to open in Reason is one way. Another way is, set Reason to the tempo of the song and import the audio file. You can then slice up into chunks inside of Reason, add your own instruments, etc.

Also, if you don't know the tempo of the song, you can find out using tap tempo in Reason... just disable stretch while your tapping away and matching the tempo. Bounce your clip, etc.

I should add, with Reason's superior time-stretching and access to RE devices such as Buffre or Spectralizer, you almost don't even need ReCycle.
Old 2012-08-13, 04:49

I would just import an accapella and go from there.
You can google BPM for most songs but, If you have to, you can always put the original mix in something like mixmeisterbpm (name?) or any other software that can find the BPM and then, go back to importing accapella in reason.

Tap tempo may help adjust or fine tune the tempo for you....And be mindful of the stretch on audio clips, this is how you can conform the accapella to your project tempo (instead of the other way around)

Edit:and what Enoch just said!
Old 2012-08-13, 05:00

Appreciate the feedback Enoch and dub!! Im going to take what you have said and just apply it. I really think I'm going to first try and import an a cappella into recycle and go from there. If that doesn't work, i will try what you guys have said. Again thanks!

Any more feedback would be greatly appreciated
Old 2012-08-13, 11:34

Just find the acapella of a song and download a MIDI-file to get the notes. You'll have to do the sound design yourself though.