Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-08-13, 05:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunesis View Post
you got a great bluesy voice!
Thanks for that, Brent, but I want to sound like Jack Bruce or Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Got any tips?
Reason 7; 27" iMac; Akai MPK88; Konnekt6; Amplitube; Miroslav Gold; Fender Strat, Tele, Jazz Bass, Blues Jr III, SCXD; Spector Bass; Agile Les Paul; Ergo Bass; Zero-G Total Rex; Trident A-Range; RE-2A; Vermilion; Creme; Revival; Futurator; Glitch; Logic Studio 9; Reaktor 5.8.
Old 2012-08-13, 06:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrichards View Post
Thanks for that, Brent, but I want to sound like Jack Bruce or Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Got any tips?
Don't know them, but I would say, sing with the top of your throat instead of the bottom for rasp. Don't sing loudly.. instead max out the gain on the ssl and set the threshold on the compressor to the minimum. Another thing to try is lowering the tempo by about 10 bpm when you record so that you have more time to adjust pitch and get timing on point.. you can do it lower but when you speed it back up you may get artifacts. Do as many takes as you can, that way when you're comping you more than likely have enough clips to get what you want without having to Neptune too much.
Old 2012-08-13, 07:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunesis View Post
Don't know them
I'm dyin' here. Jack Bruce, lead singer and bassist with Cream. Where WERE you in1967?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc0m7e4UnIY

Nusrat is obscure in the US, but was considered the most amazing singer in history by much of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQsME...=results_video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h961F...eature=related

6 octave range and able to improvise at will. He was a Sufi ecstasy singer from Pakistan (closely related to the gypsy roots of all western music).

Good advice on working on my voice. I'll try all those things.
Reason 7; 27" iMac; Akai MPK88; Konnekt6; Amplitube; Miroslav Gold; Fender Strat, Tele, Jazz Bass, Blues Jr III, SCXD; Spector Bass; Agile Les Paul; Ergo Bass; Zero-G Total Rex; Trident A-Range; RE-2A; Vermilion; Creme; Revival; Futurator; Glitch; Logic Studio 9; Reaktor 5.8.
Old 2012-08-13, 08:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrichards View Post
Where WERE you in 1967?
Let's see.. I was born in 82, so..