Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-08-12, 18:05

rickypuzzle , Balance vey nice interface, but have only 1/2 outs.. its only one problem for me

SoundCloud

R7, REs, PodFarm2, ATH M50, Balance, Toneport GX, Novation Bass Station II, Waldorf Micro Q, Clavia NordRack 2, MBP`11, Vox Tonelab
Old 2012-08-12, 19:49

grillé ...
Old 2012-08-14, 14:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhansen View Post
Given that people whine about latency compensation here the DSP based plugins will make that "problem" much more apparent. And since real "seamless" latency compensation is *impossible* in Reason (just as it is in a real analog studio) it goes against the Reason logic for me. If theres compensation for tracks I can only use the DSP plugins properly in inserts.. Else I have to manage the latency else... Not that I dread latency too much, you just need to nudge your tracks right.. But like in an analog studio I like to have my latency where it makes sense and in devices that do purposeful stuff with the signal while I wait.. Not sending them to a DSP to process them there.. I don't see this at all.. But if it comes.. wait for the "latency compensation" threads to get as pesky as the midi-out ones
This is my experience with DSP hardware too. Other than potential latency issues, they are not even guaranteed to be in sync, or work without crackles - it's pretty much like having another soundcard, with the same set of problems that need to be solved. Perhaps it's ok on the Mac (seems there's less USB problems in general), but on Windows it can be a nightmare for sure.

Richard
Old 2012-08-14, 16:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynapseAudio View Post
This is my experience with DSP hardware too. Other than potential latency issues, they are not even guaranteed to be in sync, or work without crackles - it's pretty much like having another soundcard, with the same set of problems that need to be solved. Perhaps it's ok on the Mac (seems there's less USB problems in general), but on Windows it can be a nightmare for sure.

Richard
Well it works quite good for me when I use a "normal" Sequencer where delay compensation is easy to realize (no cables from anywhere to anywhere as in reason). But in general you're right, its about exactly the same as pushing the data through an additional audio interface. Actually UAudio doesn't support the Apollo on windows because the firewire chips are too different among PC's / Laptops and they cannot guarantee it working well on anything but apple macs..
Old 2012-08-14, 17:19

Chips of FW on windows bad, Win users must install Texas Instrumens controller only for stabile work. Its problem of manufacturers, that economy on FW chip, and install low cost ad unstable controllers..
Its not problem of Windows. Its hardware problem of bad controllers

SoundCloud

R7, REs, PodFarm2, ATH M50, Balance, Toneport GX, Novation Bass Station II, Waldorf Micro Q, Clavia NordRack 2, MBP`11, Vox Tonelab
Old 2012-08-14, 17:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stekfdd View Post
Chips of FW on windows bad, Win users must install Texas Instrumens controller only for stabile work. Its problem of manufacturers, that economy on FW chip, and install low cost ad unstable controllers..
Its not problem of Windows. Its hardware problem of bad controllers
Yes sure, just as the whole windows slew of problems is caused by this but they are the ones that believe in this so please MS, get it right, don't put that friggin' windows badge on it and collect the money without checking the hardware first