Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-08-15, 10:33

Kill Authorizing Process and ignition key

I tried to install R6 these days. I loved reason for the easy way to make music.

But an installation manual with 35 pages?

I won't go the next step to R6.

As a buying customer I dont want to be treated like a pirate - and therefore my feature suggestion for R7:

Kill the ignition key and the authorizing process - more time for making music!
Old 2012-08-15, 11:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochjkoch View Post
I tried to install R6 these days. I loved reason for the easy way to make music.

But an installation manual with 35 pages?

I won't go the next step to R6.

As a buying customer I dont want to be treated like a pirate - and therefore my feature suggestion for R7:

Kill the ignition key and the authorizing process - more time for making music!

So you're a Record + Reason 5 (or earlier) user then.
You "tried" installing Reason 6, but because of the key/auth (which Record already came with) you won't finish the installation of Reason 6 because you're against it all of a sudden?

Nice way of wasting your money then.

The key isn't going anywhere, don't be stupid. It's copy protection plus it holds the licenses for rack extensions.
Old 2012-08-15, 11:10

Yeah, don`t be stupid!
Old 2012-08-15, 12:50

Thumbs up

Quote:
As a buying customer I dont want to be treated like a pirate...
You're not (the pirates are).

You're being treated like a VIP with your own key to the executive leisure suite. Strictly members only.
'Going to trial with a lawyer who considers your whole life-style a crime in progress is not a happy prospect.' - Hunter S Thompson
~|~
'Live fat, die young, and leave a self-basting corpse for the burn up...' - TFC
Old 2012-08-15, 14:51

Hey guys, it s only a feature suggestion ...

... that makes live easier!

I have to use a lot of software for my business. If every software-manufacturer does his own protection-system. It takes a lot of time to get things running.

And when I look at all the troubles with copy protection in this and a lot of other forums every new installation could cost a lot of time - and the older you get time will get much more valuable than money.

So in my opinion I did not waste money - I saved time.

So don 't be stupid live would be much easier without cp.

Nevertheless I understand the softwareguys - they dont want their software to be copied. But the best way I know to protect software without stealing the time of the customers is a personalized license-file like camelaudio, energy-xt and meldaproductions do.

Don't be offended if I do not reply to further posts - I want to save time for other things ;-)

Don't let's discuss - let the users vote what they want!

BTW: If Reason had such a cp a few years ago perhaps I had never tried this great piece of software.
Old 2012-08-15, 15:02

It's true in some cases it's just more convinient to pirate something if a company's CP tech is too convoluted or restrictive. I know alot of recording studios that having actually bought their software/plugins etc, they leave them still shinkwrapped on the shelf and just go and grab the pirated versions simply becasue they're easier to deal with on a day to day basis.

The ignition key isn't that bad I suppose, but now that these trial RE's require a login, I do wish Props would add a 'remember name and password' feature to the login window!

Especially for the fact that unlike on a Mac, in Windows, if you close the project you are working on, it shuts down Reason altogether, requiring another login again.
Old 2012-08-15, 16:00

Eh. I'm against draconian copy protection, but from what I've read about exactly how much piracy was going on, it's a necessary evil.

The only thing I'd like from Props is to bend a little bit to make it a touch more convenient for actual customers.

Like some other people have suggested, storing the login would be nice so we don't have to keep typing in user/pass.

And not jumping to the rash action of locking out the account for accidentally opening a laptop that had Reason running.

Small things that would make a big difference yet most likely not hurt their bottom line, IMO.
Old 2012-08-15, 17:42

Quote:
... that makes live easier!

I have to use a lot of software for my business. If every software-manufacturer does his own protection-system. It takes a lot of time to get things running.

And when I look at all the troubles with copy protection in this and a lot of other forums every new installation could cost a lot of time - and the older you get time will get much more valuable than money.

So in my opinion I did not waste money - I saved time.

So don 't be stupid live would be much easier without cp.

Nevertheless I understand the softwareguys - they dont want their software to be copied. But the best way I know to protect software without stealing the time of the customers is a personalized license-file like camelaudio, energy-xt and meldaproductions do.

Don't be offended if I do not reply to further posts - I want to save time for other things ;-)

Don't let's discuss - let the users vote what they want!

BTW: If Reason had such a cp a few years ago perhaps I had never tried this great piece of software.
I think usb keys for software security only serve the brand of the software but don't worry @rublek eat knobs everyday he got frustration issues when somebody talk about reason without being on his knees , he thinks that if you are not the pet of it's master propellerhead you are nobody lol what a strange dude to stay polite and non violante !

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !