Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-08-17, 21:28

Native Instruments Komplete RE

They just released their Plug ins in AAX format. Does anyone know if they are working on RE versions? It would be great to load my kontakt libraries into reason with out having to use something like chicken systems translator.
Old 2012-08-17, 21:58

You should email Native Instruments for that...but, long story short I think it's a no, currently.
Know what I mean Vern?
Old 2012-08-18, 02:34

I couldn't resist: what about Ableton Live RE version
It would revolutionize music software industry...
And FruityLoops RE, Cubase RE, Logic RE, ProTools RE... And so on...
But I still wonder if Props would dare to put something like Max/MSP or Supercollider on their RE list?
Just kiddin'...
Skål...

soundcloud

Last edited by Ochucki; 2012-08-18 at 02:40.
Old 2012-08-18, 06:07

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanbar View Post
They just released their Plug ins in AAX format. Does anyone know if they are working on RE versions? It would be great to load my kontakt libraries into reason with out having to use something like chicken systems translator.
Maschine - Possible if the SDK allows a ReWire-esque bridge.
Absynth - Possible but maybe some GUI issues
Massive - Possible - and probably the easiest.
Reaktor - Not Possible but individual Reaktor Instruments such as Razor - Possible
Kontakt - Not Possible and also not that likely that instruments will turn up. Too much aggro factor involved with the soundbank sizes I feel.
Battery - Why? Reason is more than stocked for drum stuff. Nice interface I suppose, but I'm not sold.
FM8 - Possible but maybe GUI issues again.
Guitar Rig - Possible but with Line6 already being there it might not look too realistic from NI's bank managers point of view

Would love to see Pro52, B4II, and Spektral delay turn up - I thought NI discontinued these needlessly.

Cheers

Last edited by EpiGenetik; 2012-08-18 at 06:34.
Old 2012-08-18, 21:38

Yeah, I can't really see this happening either. Just doesn't seem to jive with NI's style.

No loss at all for me though. I've tried a few NI products here and there, like Guitar Rig, Massive, Reaktor, and Maschine just recently (which was promptly returned)...they're just not for me. They're undeniably powerful and some people are using them to make great music, but I'll never be one of them. They do have a pretty awesome marketing team though...for a while there during their summer sales I was getting completely sucked into the "GOTTA HAVE IT ALL!" syndrome. But, no more.
Old 2012-08-19, 03:49

why not a FL Studio RE? they do a VST? hmmmmmmmm.... maybe?
Old 2012-08-19, 04:14

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airpom View Post
why not a FL Studio RE? they do a VST? hmmmmmmmm.... maybe?
I wonder about a Photoshop RE and a Google RE, they would be must cool.

"Have you been unable to find inspiration recently, well why not find it the good old fashioned way of finding everything..... Google!!!"
Old 2012-08-19, 04:21

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalker View Post
just cant imagine Native Instruments give Props 30% per sale... that could "never" be part of NI business model!!! NEVER!!!
Whilst I agree with NI not being keen on dropping revenue, the decision would surely be made on a effort vs reward factor. If it's easy to do then it's an easy new revenue stream.

The problem with this is that it might not be that easy to do, even for NI who have a small army of dev's and coders at their disposal.

I don't think it's a never, but I wonder how long NI will wait. They will probably watch to see how things shape up. The AAX thing isn't really comparable tbh.
Old 2012-08-19, 18:06

Well, they could develop the Rack Extensions as a free offering for those owners of Komplete. Last I checked 30% of $0.00 is $0.00. I also think that adding a name like NI to the line up of RE offerings would be an explosive deal for both parties.