Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-05-05, 07:14

Im selling my refills that I've made

check them out - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=705914
Old 2012-05-06, 04:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenB View Post
other DAW's having great horn sounds.
Is there something preventing you from using your "other DAW's" horn sounds in Reason? NNXT is a good sampler...
Old 2012-08-18, 05:49

bro i just made a trap beat today and the horns i use was in the combinator orch..... and nn19 have some to that sound nice but u have to put in a little work like adding reverb to them not alot tho
Old 2012-08-18, 13:09

I think they do not sound horrible , why you try to design a sound when you have no idear what you doing ?
maybe you have to lissen to your favorite tracks again because trap's music use some horrible stuff but some mixing and mastering save the all thing out , if you whant the sounds that everybody use including trap maybe you got to invest in a komplet or omnisphere because all the sounds from the peoples you named use these vst's that is why they all got the same but it is a shame there is no artistical work in those (it is factory music) !
you whant to make a leader beat insted of a beat that fallow the leaders because they are leading industry not art and they get no respect apart from suckers , try a synth from the reason soundbank and place it on your track that was dedicated to these horns and make the new path to walk on !

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !

Last edited by charlycharlzz; 2012-08-18 at 13:12.
Old 2012-08-19, 22:48

Thanks for all the replies guys. Haven't checked the thread for a while.

Got a little bit tired of "trap beats" since I made this thread.

I realized that I might have something to do with my expereince too.
Old 2012-08-20, 16:20

Im not saying that the horns in Reason are terrible.. but the links below should help...

For Reason Users
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfnXpgGW0RE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GSWNKYEvUs
www.studiolinkedvst.com
www.facebook.com/HNSMusikProductions

MAC Pro Quad-Core || 3.2GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon processor||6GB MEM 1TB hard drive || 18X Super Drive ATI Radeon HD 5770 with 1GB GDDR5
Presonus Fire Studio Mobile || Audio interface 10x6 24 Bit 96kHz | Portable Fire Wire Recording System
Native Instruments Maschine Controller
Korgpad Kontrol | Midi Studio Controller
M Audio Oxygen 49 V3 | Compact Keyboard
Propeller Heads Reason 6.0
Old 2012-08-20, 19:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenB View Post
I usually make rap/trap beats, and i'm trying to make chords using horns. I'm having trouble finding horn sounds with any punch. Maybe it has something to do with my experience as a producer.

Any refills or tips for better horn sounds?
Factory Sound Bank,

NNXT OctaBrass

This is probably the closest sound to that style of music. It is actually a pretty phat Brass as well.

Also the ID8 Brass sounds can be pretty decent too at times.

It looks like you already know about Soundfonts (and thanks for the links you sent), which is another easy way to get these types of sounds into Reason.

Some good refills though to check out:

1. British Brass Multisamples. Pretty old refill but it has some decent Brass.

2. Salazar Brothers Reggaton. One Combinator Brass patch that is phat. It also shows you the power of the Factory Soundbank. They just took a lot of the Factory Brass patches and layered them with effects.

3. Korg Triton Refill by Neosounds. If you can find the refill get it. The Korg Triton had some great brass patches many producers use for Brass.

4. Roland Fantom Facsimile refill by Neosounds. Roland Fantom is another source for good brass.

5. Yamaha Motif refill. Motif is another good source but a good quality refill such as how the Neosounds folks did it is hard to come by.

6. ModernBeats Brass library. Pretty cheap but nice sounds. Only gripes are sounds are not looped.

7. There are two Rap refills made by various companies that specilize in more modern phat sounds. One is Hip Hop Composer. It had a couple of nice brass sounds. I caught it on sale for $100 at esoundz.com. Another hip hop refill made by someone on this site a few weeks ago had some good brass sounds.

Usually you will eventually find what you need in Reason via Factory, Refill, or Soundfont if you look hard enough or ask around.