Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-08-20, 22:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddard View Post
Steve, I'm sorry but I don't buy your explanation.
OK. I agree with your challenge to my post. After re-reading my post, I wouldn't write it that way.

In my experience, the most stable software is released in whole, and that's how I prefer software installs.

I download and keep the install around, and when I install an update, I have the previous version sitting around. If the new version has issues, i uninstall it and re-install the previous version.

It's not inevitable that patching will lead to instability, but in my experience, more often than not, it does lead to instability.

I'm sure props would do it better than most, but I prefer entire releases over patching and I never enable auto-updating.

I do periodically scan for updates and apply them, when I know I have time to deal with any issues caused by them.

That said, so far I haven't had any issues with the incremental Win7 updates I have applied.

I'm not opposed to OPs suggestion for users that want it, but I personally would prefer to download the 1GB+ application it its entirety.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2012-08-20, 22:58

hello there! well i have some issues, with this 6.5.else, update.... and its been so bad,
also is messing with mi logic studio 9.... so pffffff....!
so if its working properly, my advise is don't mess with it, keep reason 6 running,
till they fix them issues, have a nice day!
Old 2012-08-21, 16:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyluck View Post
It may not be recommended, but I've never had an issue just copying over the Reason Application itself (and not copying over anything else).
How do you do that? You have to run the install to unpack the exe, don't you?
Old 2012-08-22, 02:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbain View Post
How do you do that? You have to run the install to unpack the exe, don't you?
he probably has a MAC

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2012-08-22, 06:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDiverse View Post
he probably has a MAC
Oh ok. I have no ideas how the MACs work.