Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-08-23, 16:16

Control Surface Updates

I have owned the AKAI MPKmini for almost 2 years now. I have upgraded 3 times since then and a control surface option for the it still does not exist.

Whoever is responsible for this duty should be fired in my opinion. That job is too freaking easy to flub. They even have a setting for the AKAI LPD8 which is an inferior control surface.

It took a lot of hours in my life to create a preset within the AKAI control surface program in order to get the pads and keys working normally. I didn't even bother with the knobs.

By the way, the AKAI tech support guys were absolutely worthless in my opinion. I spoke to those clowns on several occasions, and they misdirected me every time. I completely figured this out on my own. They never even recommended that I make my own controller preset for REASON. They had an SOL attitude with me the entire time. They said that I would have to program each knob on each instrument everytime I started a new song. There was no way in heck I was going to do that. Hopefully those clowns have been replaced.

Hey, REASON control surface duty guy! Stop cracking jokes, and flirting with the honeys around the office, and earn your pay!

http://www.akaipro.com/mpkmini

For those of you who have an MPKmini try this preset, and set your control surface to
Other > Midi Controller Keyboard.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49868834/Reason%205.0

on Facebook