Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-08-23, 17:05

Help with Lemur

How do I set this up for Reason. I've everything connected through a WIFI network but as far as assigning anything. I'm lost, help!!!
Old 2012-08-23, 17:15

Add a "generic midi keyboard with controllers" as midi-device in reason and assign two ports of the lemur daemon as midi in and out. Open lemur with the layout of your choice and assign the layers you want to use to the same ports on the touch device on the first page. Then right-click the control you want to assign in reason and select "assign remote override". Move the knob on the surface you want to assign to the knob in reason. Voila

If you download/use a layer that has a Mackie Control emulation you can add a "Mackie Control" in the reason midi settings and assign that to those ports, then a lot of stuff will be automapped by reason and you also get visual feedback.

I made a pretty advanced lemur layout for reason with chord and scale input similar to garage band on iOS. I will probably make it available at some time (maybe this year ).
Old 2012-08-23, 17:39

thank you so much! It worked perfectly. Now might next climb is learning the damn thing haha. I'll have to check out the layouts you mentioned once get a good understanding of the system.