Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-08-28, 10:08

Reason 7 (lets clean house)

I would like to see the half rack devices updated. New GUI and features and remove some of the out-dated devices.

I would like to see the delay turn into a double delay line. Two side by side delays with separate parameters, panning and volume.

Lets make the cv and audio merger and splitter feature more routing choices and double the size.

Remove the Comp-01, PEQ-2, D-11, and RV-7.

Please update the sound of Scream4. It needs a better models. Also foldback distortion could easily go here. Nothing but harsh sounds when some of the settings should sound smooth. Tape and Tube for example. And the parameters should be clearer. I would also like to see the Scream updated to a dual module. Left and Right or chained in series.

I would like to see you get more collaboration with the stock devices. Let Lexicon turn the RV-7000 into the LX-8000. Selectable style (Plate, Room, Chamber, Hall) and programmer for deep editing with quick edit knobs on the main interface. I have to say I'm not a fan of the reverbs in Reason.

REMOVE THE MASTERING SUITE!!! It's terrible considering IMO. Get Massenburg to do an Eq for you. You just need a standard parametric eq. Then all you need is to add a "mastering mode" that has gental curves like the eq4 setting in Sonnox Eq. Mastering Mode should change the color of the GUI. Add a multi band compressor for people that need that crutch. Then just switch the Maximizer for a real Limiter.

Things that I never want to see changed: The mixer! and the NN-XT.
Old 2012-08-28, 10:16

Ignoring your hilarious removal suggestions, the forum has a Search function. You should try it before starting a topic next time.
Old 2012-08-28, 13:40
Banned

I like it, would be cool to have the option to add/remove Reason devices like RE's, I'd removed all the half rack devices! Oh & useless ReBirth Input Machine!
Old 2012-08-28, 14:09

Just a heads up, there's little to no chance of devices being "removed".
That would destroy the whole idea of opening a Reason 1 song in 6.5 and having it work.

As for your new device suggestions, made by 3rd party developers.....uhh...we already have that.
Old 2012-08-28, 14:33
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub08 View Post
Just a heads up, there's little to no chance of devices being "removed".
That would destroy the whole idea of opening a Reason 1 song in 6.5 and having it work.

As for your new device suggestions, made by 3rd party developers.....uhh...we already have that.
Exactly why we should have the simple add/remove function if we want to remove some useless stuff from Reason!

Naturally no need to remove all the half rack devices or whichever devices entirely from the program by obvious reasons!
Old 2012-08-28, 15:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate View Post
I like it, would be cool to have the option to add/remove Reason devices like RE's, I'd removed all the half rack devices! Oh & useless ReBirth Input Machine!
Funny, I just made a list of favorite devices and the half-racks were among them.
Old 2012-08-28, 15:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerlevy View Post
Funny, I just made a list of favorite devices and the half-racks were among them.
Certainly the small EQ is essential.

This has to be one of te worst suggestion topics ever.
Old 2012-08-28, 15:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exowildebeest View Post
Certainly the small EQ is essential.

This has to be one of te worst suggestion topics ever.
Nah.

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=157226

Well, there isn't much to choose between them actually.
Old 2012-08-28, 16:44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerlevy View Post
Each his own!
Old 2012-08-28, 17:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate View Post
Exactly why we should have the simple add/remove function if we want to remove some useless stuff from Reason!
Naturally no need to remove all the half rack devices or whichever devices entirely from the program by obvious reasons!
Exactly? Well, i would assume because lots of the Factory Sound bank and Reason users projects from v1 and on uses them?

How about this?
Leave all the devices (and keep adding more )
But, allow Reason users to customize the "create instrument" menus and F8 toolbar etc..
That way, all the devices are still there but, you are only "shown" what you want.