Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-08-28, 17:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneykube View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathmatech View Post
6 being the same as 5+record is exactly what I was talking about *rolls eyes*, with a few new devices, woo hoo (sarcastic.) With the new rack device buy devices add-on road Reason is going down, new devices for the next version of Reason, isn't as impressive as it once was.

No hate for props, I made four requests back in 2003 for devices; arp, multi band limiter, spectrum analyzer, and something else that didn't get made i forget now. The next Reason had the arp, I was impressed with the return from something I suggested (altho an upgraded arp device might be due by now.) Was disappointed that pple kept saying, oh the vocoder can work as a spectrum analyzer, and I already knew that, but it's not very useful if you dont know what band your sweeping, so u can notch out that frequency on other sounds in the mix.

gah, that just opened a new can of worms lol.
yhea well LOL ! I would love recycle in 7 because recycle is just what I need and a upgrade from 6 to 7 is cheaper then recycle itself and I also would love to see a lot of features proposed in the forum by users like midi out !

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
Old 2012-08-28, 17:35

Quote:
This is the first time making a comment for Propellerheads to see, but I've been upset from this since Reason 6 was first announced it will have audio import AND the new mixer! I've been buying Reason since 2.5 and upgrading ever since, buying other add on products along the way. Not a single person I know using Reason buy's it, and looks down on me with sentiments "just crack it," "just download it bro," "why would you buy it," and I would reply with "because I want Propellerheads to keep making better versions. This reply was valid enough for anyone who used non-purchased installs, and a few people I did talk to ended up buying a copy too. Record comes out, has all this extra stuff, audio import, chop/stretch/edit audio, and I'm the only person who can do this because I only had to buy a little upgrade, perfect. I refuse to buy any Propellerheads products now, I got on a rant anytime anyone brings up Reason in conversation because I felt screwed, I was a sucker for buying Record, or some general distate from this move on your part. I switched DAW's, started using VST's, new sequencers, plugins and said good bye to Reason, Record, and Propellerheads.

I refuse to buy the new Reason upgrade, because I bought Record to work with audio in Reason.

Propellerheads, why did I buy Record, when you were going to incorporate all those features into the next Reason???? What's your, 'reason?'

Dis-satisfied customer,

Matt S.
Hi Matt - I too have invested in Reason 2 to 3 to 4 to 5 etc. Having gone the honest route and paid for it I think we've been well rewarded by cheap or free updates. When I bought Record I liked it and used it alongside Reason. But it was getting to be a drag having to work between the two and I was glad when they were combined. I think the props made a mistake in not just updating Reason with audio and that mixer - but maybe they recognised that with the free upgrade from Record. As for the new REs - dont buy them unless you've got spare cash - make your own combinators. Finally beware of VSTs - the multitude of authorisation processes and registrations and lack of consistent GUI/controls can be very time consuming, annoying and drive you crazy.
Old 2012-08-28, 20:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterHill View Post
I think the props made a mistake in not just updating Reason with audio and that mixer - but maybe they recognised that with the free upgrade from Record.
A number of people have said that was a mistake, but I'm not so sure.

Those of us who jumped on Record are of course familiar with it now, but consider that the layout of Record, and then Reason 6, are a bit different than in previous versions of Reason. What if they'd released Record and Reason together as Reason 5, and then everyone freaked out? "Nothing is where it was! THIS IS A COMPLETE BETRAYAL OF ALL REASON USERS!" I could see a couple threads happening along those lines. So they tried it out with Record, and nobody lost their minds, so they folded it into Reason, since most users didn't have much of a problem with it. At least that's my take on it.

Old 2012-08-28, 23:33

As of this post, you've been informed that if you don't upgrade to Reason 6.5 and buy Pulsar in the next month, you'll have missed out on getting Pulsar, normally priced at $49, for free.
Old 2012-08-29, 15:16

Prior to Record coming out I went out and bought a 24 track hard drive recorder...which is now,and has been for quite a while,languishing in its box..should I insist that Props recompense me for the cost??....
I did it,no-one twisted my arm,how can the OP feel he has been duped,or whatever his griping is about...there was plenty of information about when the upgrades came,and although,like many others I griped when the R6 announcement came,we were all eating our words when they announced PWYW,if you shit out,you have only yourself to blame,it was hardly a secret....
Old 2012-08-29, 17:24

Quote:
I switched DAW's, started using VST's, new sequencers, plugins and said good bye to Reason, Record, and Propellerheads.

I refuse to buy the new Reason upgrade, because I bought Record to work with audio in Reason.

Propellerheads, why did I buy Record, when you were going to incorporate all those features into the next Reason???? What's your, 'reason?'

Dis-satisfied customer,

Matt S.
Old 2012-08-29, 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokayo9121 View Post
Prior to Record coming out I went out and bought a 24 track hard drive recorder...which is now,and has been for quite a while,languishing in its box..should I insist that Props recompense me for the cost??....
I did it,no-one twisted my arm,how can the OP feel he has been duped,or whatever his griping is about...there was plenty of information about when the upgrades came,and although,like many others I griped when the R6 announcement came,we were all eating our words when they announced PWYW,if you shit out,you have only yourself to blame,it was hardly a secret....
I agree with this sentiment
Old 2013-01-12, 16:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by djphathead View Post
In their promo video for record they say it's pretty much designed for musicians and not audio engineers. In that sense you could say it's a flop because if you don't under stand how to use that ssl mixer properly (like audio engineers do) then you wouldn't be able to get your track to sound "radio ready". Hey any of you every listened to that demo song that there playing in that video? Ever opened up that record file? Tell me a musician without any audio engineering skills could produce a track that sounds that great. So in that sense you could say that was a flop.

That's funny cuz I ALWAYS think, no matter how great the writing, recording and production of Reason demo songs are, the mixes ALWAYS sound like ass...like almost-there, pretty good demos, but nothing like "radio-ready" mixes and DEF nothing that shows the capabilities of the program from a mix standpoint. You listen to a Maroon 5 or Bruno Mars cd or anything that Dr Dre has worked on and you realize: wow, this doesn't sound good at all.

In all fairness, I'd love to hear the mixes now that we have REs...hell, I'd love to hear anyone's mix out of Reason that they feel competes with Dre or John Shanks or Dave Pensado. I think it is possible, ive just not heard it yet.

And don't flame me...I use Reason all day on everything but a little perspective was needed, I thought.
Old 2013-01-12, 17:59

You just resurrected a 4 month old thread that only lasted for 4 days when it was new.
Don't do that.
Old 2013-01-12, 18:26

As someone who has had and does have,a seamless & gratifying relationship with this company & their software,as a result of incredible innovation,versatility & overall value...I cannot fathom the mentality of Mathmantech.

I'm not saying that there is not room for improvement in certain areas of the program-as indeed there are,but in many ways,Reason offers something very unique and Reason has been my main source of inspiration for music writing since I bought version 4...about 4 years ago.

When version 5 came out,I didn't care for the fact that Record had to be run separately from Reason.....but I understood that Propellerhead's objective,was to maintain CPU-friendliness and "test the waters",to see how Reason users would respond to that.
For me,my attitude towards Propellerhead's route at that time,was much more simple; I researched Record,it was interesting,but it wasn't for me-SO I DIDN'T BUY IT.

Instead,I was content in using Reason 4 as it was & just continuing on,using an outside source for audio recording....until something better came along.

Before I purchased Reason 6,I noticed that Reason 4 went down in price by $100...but did I bitch & moan about it?
F**k no...because despite my paying $400,I still viewed version 4,as an incredible value.
Why?Partly due to the fact that prior to making the transition into software,I had spent the previous 20 years shelling out thousands of dollars on hardware workstations...that only had a small fraction of the capabilities of software.

When I bought version 6,I was THRILLED to pay the $169,because I understood that it was a tremendous value.

Reason was my first computer program back when I was new to computers in general and even then,installing Reason was a breeze and it was the only program I ever had,that ran stable,on Windows Vista.

Reason 6.5 has been the centerpiece of my studio ever since I upgraded and it's responsible for 95% of all the music I produce(only because I sometimes use my NI Komplete 6 in my Presonus S1,because Kontakt 4 is a superior sample player).

Once Propellerhead includes an upgraded sample player,the only reason I'll have to use my Presonus S1,is to use it for MP3 conversions and perhaps Alchemy...when & if I decide to but it in the future.

All this being said,anyone who feels scammed or feels that Reason is not a good value,should just move on & forget it altogether,because I can guarantee those individuals that Propellerhead isn't interested in reading any grievances that they're not the cause of & they sure as f**k,are not going to cater to any delusional & unsubstantiated requests/complaints.

This is the most asinine thread I have ever read through-but goddamn,it was entertaining!

Last edited by elwoodblues1969; 2013-01-12 at 18:31.