Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-08-30, 04:05

cannot create talking wobble bass as shown on youtube

I am running Reason 6.5. I tried to create a dub step taking wobble bass with a thor as shown on YouTube and SonicDriveMedia.com. I have done everything as shown. I created the talking wobble sound and the next step was to create a subtractor for a sub sound to give the sound some depth. The wobble sound cannot be heard the same time as the subtractor. If I select the Thor track I can hear it. And vice versa for the sub. I have tried everything. Has anyone created this patch? I am new at this but I know I've done everything step by step correctly up to the subtractor
Old 2012-08-30, 18:50

Hard to say what's up without knowing the video, but a stab in the dark: if they aren't together in a combinator on ch.1 and 2 of a mixer, which is then hooked to the "from instruments" jacks, you'll only be triggering/hearing one at a time.
The combinator will need a sequencer track, and that's the one you select in order to play both.
Old 2012-08-30, 21:21

They are on Channel 1 and 2 of a mixer. Somehow it may have something to do with me running Reason 6.5 and I think the tutorial my be Reason 4.
Old 2012-08-30, 21:52

if it´s a Combi patch created in R4 you shouldn´t have a problem playing it in R6.5.
Post the Combi patch here so we can have a look at it and figure out where the culprit is.
Maybe it´s just a routing problem.

http://soundcloud.com/electricfusion
Old 2012-08-31, 15:52

Also kind of sounds like you might not be mixing with the proper headphones or speaker system. If you're just playing audio out of your built in computer speakers, chances are they aren't able to produce the low frequencies that Subtractor puts off. As a result, it will sound like Subtractor isn't even there.