Propellerhead Software
  #1  
Old 2012-08-31, 15:46
Rhypht Rhypht is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 152
Big problem with the 6.5 update

Hopefully someone can help me here. I finally just updated to Reason 6.5 yesterday. After updating all of the files, I realized that all of my ReFills had been written over. I'm on Mac. I had a looot of ReFills, some of which I don't have an email download link for. I'm not really sure how I'd get them all back if I had to. Is there a way for me to recover all of those files, or am I stuck scavenging the web?
  #2  
Old 2012-08-31, 15:51
n0ahg n0ahg is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,005
Please don't tell me you stored your own Refills in the Reason program directory?

Unless you have made backups you could be out of luck!
  #3  
Old 2012-08-31, 15:54
Rhypht Rhypht is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 152
Yes, I did.. That's where they have been since I've had Reason, they've just always been there so I never thought anything of it. I do have a backup of maybe 80% of them but I was just wondering if they were still present somewhere on this computer before I dug that up.
  #4  
Old 2012-08-31, 17:11
Philup Philup is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 604
Reason upgrades always overwrite EVERYTHING in the program folder. Your refills and saved songs should not be stored in the program folder.
  #5  
Old 2012-08-31, 19:04
BonezMcCoy's Avatar
BonezMcCoy BonezMcCoy is online now
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 6,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philup View Post
Reason upgrades always overwrite EVERYTHING in the program folder. Your refills and saved songs should not be stored in the program folder.
Plus the install instructions tell you to move them somewhere else before install IN CASE you store them in the Reason folder...

Quote:

If you have personal files, e.g. ReFills, song files and patches in your Reason application folder, then you must move them to another location before you install the upgrade, or they will be lost.
  #6  
Old 2012-08-31, 19:14
jzquantum's Avatar
jzquantum jzquantum is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 364
Might you be able to roll back your computer to a point before the install? That, or you might be able to find software that will recover the deleted files.

I personally try to keep double backups of my important files in case I make a mistake.
  #7  
Old 2012-08-31, 19:33
penguinoid's Avatar
penguinoid penguinoid is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,364
They probably are still *somewhere* in your computer, in memory locations that have been made available for other data, if you want to save them, you'll have to stop everything you are doing on your computer to prevent them being overwritten, and get a data recovery program to try to get them back, but most of those will cost you, and success in recovering is not guaranteed if your computer has already reused those addresses.

Last edited by penguinoid; 2012-08-31 at 19:37.
  #8  
Old 2012-08-31, 19:36
jzquantum's Avatar
jzquantum jzquantum is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by u88gbp View Post
Might you be able to roll back your computer to a point before the install? That, or you might be able to find software that will recover the deleted files.

I personally try to keep double backups of my important files in case I make a mistake.
Oh and there are companies that specialize in file recovery in situations like this. Your plan just depends on how critical the files are to you.
  #9  
Old 2012-08-31, 20:06
charlycharlzz's Avatar
charlycharlzz charlycharlzz is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhypht View Post
Hopefully someone can help me here. I finally just updated to Reason 6.5 yesterday. After updating all of the files, I realized that all of my ReFills had been written over. I'm on Mac. I had a looot of ReFills, some of which I don't have an email download link for. I'm not really sure how I'd get them all back if I had to. Is there a way for me to recover all of those files, or am I stuck scavenging the web?

one of these is your solution
I have no mac but here : http://download.cnet.com/Disk-Drill/...-75307728.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3BMeA95uJg

http://youtu.be/kRC11qIiQfE
__________________

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Record 1.5 problem - can't authorize! Pat303 General Forum (read only) 21 2011-04-21 10:42
Record: after 1.5.1 update Line6 amps in load problem stekfdd General Forum (read only) 0 2010-12-02 11:31
problem downloading record update bobbygaz09 General Forum (read only) 1 2010-05-06 01:29
Media Problem Igorvertus General Forum (read only) 1 2006-10-26 11:28
Problem with reason 2.5 Trygveleo Phead User Forum (read only) 4 2006-04-07 10:16


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:02.