Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2012-09-01, 04:39

why is computer music so bad?

The growing popularity of sound cloud has given me a chance to hear a lot of reason music, much of it, awful. There are a number of possible causes. First, its seems alot of people don't work on covers and focus almost exclusively on there own music. Second, a lot of people work alone and therefore don't share and refine their music. Finally, alot of electronic music doesn't strongly emphasize melody, tempo, etc. So--you know--whats the difference. It easy to be a critic--I am not putting people down. God bless everyone who has a music jones and acts on it.

Anyonw else thought about this?
Old 2012-09-01, 05:36

TROLL...TRoll......Troll......troll.........

Oh and lemme hear your beautiful music now
Old 2012-09-01, 06:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
TROLL...TRoll......Troll......troll.........

Oh and lemme hear your beautiful music now
They don't have music, they just copy other people because they don't have any sort of creativity.
Old 2012-09-01, 06:57

Totally right Brent gotta hate fools like that lol
Old 2012-09-01, 07:14

Taking the OP seriously here. Sturgeon's Law says that 90% of everything is crap. This appears to apply to electronic music, too. You wouldn't believe what A&R people at record companies have to wade through to get some gems; I'm willing to bet that it's more than 90%. I hope to measure up to that tiny fraction myself some day soon. Once I get it posted I hope you'll agree.

To the other respondents: Guys, it isn't necessary to be able to to produce music, or anything else, for that matter, at all to recognize crap when you see or hear it. Either you have very low standards, or you haven't listened to as much of what's on the Web as the OP and I have. Just sayin'.
Zotac/Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 2 Gb, NZXT H2 "Silent" case w/liquid cooling
Presonus AudioBox USB, Behringer B2031A, JBL PSW D110 sub

Kennesaw (Atlanta), Georgia, USA
Old 2012-09-01, 07:23

Lol i take it you mean all the other peepz (me and lunesis that is) lol the OP is a TROll and nothing more, if you take him/her seriously you are nothing more than a troll too. Succes my (oh not so) friend lol (fool)
Old 2012-09-01, 07:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszard View Post
Taking the OP seriously here. Sturgeon's Law says that 90% of everything is crap. This appears to apply to electronic music, too. You wouldn't believe what A&R people at record companies have to wade through to get some gems; I'm willing to bet that it's more than 90%. I hope to measure up to that tiny fraction myself some day soon. Once I get it posted I hope you'll agree.

To the other respondents: Guys, it isn't necessary to be able to to produce music, or anything else, for that matter, at all to recognize crap when you see or hear it. Either you have very low standards, or you haven't listened to as much of what's on the Web as the OP and I have. Just sayin'.
Oh I've heard plenty of crap, but I give more respect to the people who have the balls to try than to people who just sit back and let the world happen to them. Anyone can be a critic but usually it's the wastoids that sit and watch reality tv all day.
Old 2012-09-01, 14:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
First, its seems alot of people don't work on covers and focus almost exclusively on there own music.
And how is that awful? Just because all you do is covers, maybe you lack the creativity to produce your own original material
Old 2012-09-01, 14:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
God bless everyone who has a music jones and acts on it.
So that's where I've been going wrong all this time... I don't have a music jones!

Seriously, I don't think it achieves much stating that the majority of amateur music sounds amateurish. The people who make these statements are always amateurs themselves, albeit the worst kind: those deluded enough to believe they're not.

On the flipside, genuinely talented people rarely resort to trashing the work of others in order to make themselves feel better. They just let their work speak for itself.

It's classic psychology 101.

Me? I'm a 100% bungling amateur and happy to be so :-) Some of us just make music because we enjoy it. Not because we have points to score.

Now tell me about your mother... ;-)
Old 2012-09-01, 16:23

I don't understand this new trend of starting a thread with the sole intention of blanket-insulting the music made by members of our little community.

Lucille, I'm asking you the same question we all asked the last person who pulled this crap: are you willing to upload your own compositions for us to listen to so that we can all be in awe of how much better your are than the average bear?

Last edited by mbain; 2012-09-01 at 16:33.