Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-09-01, 23:43

Last edited by omshanti20; 2013-05-10 at 02:43.
Old 2012-09-02, 00:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggeryPokery View Post
Well it can't put any more hair on your chest, Chewie
WRWRWRLARRRRRLRLRLRWLWLW!!!!

My ASCII Chewie impression is much better than my real one

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Old 2012-09-02, 00:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlejunkie View Post
WRWRWRLARRRRRLRLRLRWLWLW!!!!

My ASCII Chewie impression is much better than my real one
May I suggest a new strategy, Peejay? Let the wookie write all your posts from now on!

/ducks, with extremely unusual dexterity and a previously unheard of speed
Old 2012-09-02, 01:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by markomarkh View Post
I'm dissappointed in the quality in re synths

What do you guys think?
I think you are lucky.

IMO there are a lot of great Rack Extensions. My wish list puts me near $1,000 and that's not counting anything that has not yet been released - so that number is bound to go up.

If you don't like the REs, then, as I started my post, you are lucky, as you are going to save a lot of money.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RĂ˜DE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2012-09-02, 03:14

Quote:
Also I'm dissappointed in the quality in re synths ie I ain't seen anything that the Thor can't do! If I'm going to buy a re I want it to blow me away and sound innovative!

Sometimes it is not about a device being able to do something only completely different than another device to be credible, but a lot of times in being able to do certain things faster.

Kong synth modules are a perfect example. Sure Thor gives you waay more control, but if you are pressed for time, Kong would be more practical.
Old 2012-09-02, 03:36

I'm glad the options are there but i don't see myself buying too many of them. I did buy the Re-Tron and Tsar-1R and like them both. One of the reasons i dig Reason so much is because of the closed architecture (it forces me to be more creative) and low cpu usage. I prefer to keep it that way as much as possible. I also use Reaper and have tons of VST plugs when i wanna go that route. I find myself moving from one to the other when things get stagnant or the dreaded writer's block shows it's face.

That being said, i would definitely be interested in any guitar-based Rack Extensions (Amp/Cab sims, Multi-FX units, Pedal sims, IR Loader for cabinet sims, etc.).

Last edited by fender6; 2012-09-02 at 03:41.
Old 2012-09-02, 10:45

Quote:
Every time I want to use re's demos, I have to take out ignition key and log in to propellerheads to get them to work but when I put ignition key back in they dissapear and I have to write on key each re to get to work normal way but can't do that with demos.

Also I'm dissappointed in the quality in re synths ie I ain't seen anything that the Thor can't do! If I'm going to buy a re I want it to blow me away and sound innovative!

What do you guys think?
Additional RE effects are worth considering in my opinion. But Radical Piano is worth having...also in my opinion.
Old 2012-09-02, 11:17

Quote:
Every time I want to use re's demos, I have to take out ignition key and log in to propellerheads to get them to work but when I put ignition key back in they dissapear and I have to write on key each re to get to work normal way but can't do that with demos.

What do you guys think?
Reevaluate, once there is some more instrument REs in the shop.

Richard
Old 2012-09-02, 11:27

I think a common mistake alot of people are making is the thinking that RE are here to replace the devices currently in Reason. RE are just another option (more toys for the toy box). I'm sure some RE will replace some devices in Reason, but that will depend on the user and there personal needs & taste.
Propellerhead Reason 7.1 | Desktop: Custom Computer Build | Win7 Pro 64-bit | 3.50GHz Intel "Haswell" I7 4770k Quad Core | 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3 Dual Channel | Rain Computers LiveBook Laptop | Win7 Pro 64-bit | 2.7GHz Intel "Sandy Bridge" Core i7 2620M Dual-Core Processor | 8GB 1066MHz DDR3 Dual Channel SDRAM |
Akai MPK 49 USB/MIDI Controller
Propellerhead Balance audio interface

http://soundcloud.com/dipps-groove
Old 2012-09-02, 11:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by durontarik View Post
I think a common mistake alot of people are making is the thinking that RE are here to replace the devices currently in Reason. RE are just another option (more toys for the toy box). I'm sure some RE will replace some devices in Reason, but that will depend on the user and there personal needs & taste.
I agree with you. REs are what they are - an EXTENSION to the main program.