Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2012-09-03, 08:31
deepndark's Avatar
deepndark deepndark is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,887
SSL Eq as a device anyone?

The SSL EQ - I want it as a standaolne device. 4-6 bands and a just like the M-Class it should have a visual curve view.
  #2  
Old 2012-09-03, 10:49
ljekio's Avatar
ljekio ljekio is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 963
And SSL-Comp/Gate too
  #3  
Old 2012-09-03, 10:59
wizardry's Avatar
wizardry wizardry is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 279
i would love to have the visual curve in the ssl!!would make it a lot easier!!
  #4  
Old 2012-09-03, 14:07
chou chou is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardry View Post
i would love to have the visual curve in the ssl!!would make it a lot easier!!
It's the best way to use your eyes instead of you ears wich lead to poor result in the music aera,

a nice curve doesn't mean a nice sound.

add to this you will waste so much time by trying to learn how to use an eq with your eyes, closing your eyes will enhance your learning curve for sure.

visual curve is just an other distraction in this crazy world where so much peoples made music with the wrong sense.

it don't make things easier it just makes them worse.
  #5  
Old 2012-09-03, 14:45
deepndark's Avatar
deepndark deepndark is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by chou View Post
It's the best way to use your eyes instead of you ears wich lead to poor result in the music aera,

a nice curve doesn't mean a nice sound.

add to this you will waste so much time by trying to learn how to use an eq with your eyes, closing your eyes will enhance your learning curve for sure.

visual curve is just an other distraction in this crazy world where so much peoples made music with the wrong sense.

it don't make things easier it just makes them worse.
I wouldn't say so, when you see the curves you learn to know what to cut and boost - Trying to find a right freq to do stuff is a lot easier and quicker.
  #6  
Old 2012-09-03, 15:40
chou chou is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirnikas View Post
I wouldn't say so, when you see the curves you learn to know what to cut and boost - Trying to find a right freq to do stuff is a lot easier and quicker.
the only good way to learn to use a parametric eq is

0) to read some books about fundamentals freq, harmonics and mixing technics (it gives you the bases about the théorical freq for each common instrument)

1) to scan with a large bandwith with a certain amount of boost your sound to detect with your ears the freq you want to modify,

2) to reduce the bandwith, to find accurately the freq you want to modify

3) to apply the cut, because you mostly use the cut function of an eq during mixing

4) to be experimental the day the point 1) to 3) become automatism

you don't learn how to find a freq with graphic but with your ears unless you like to waste your time,

focus on what you hear, don't be distracted by what you see,

seriously if you want an exponential learning curve stop using your eyes when you make music,

it's the best advice someone can give, unless you think you can learn how to use an eq in 3 minutes with a graphic wich doesn't have any sense for humans since it uses a logarythmic scale.

try this during 6 month, you will say thank you after.
  #7  
Old 2012-09-03, 16:24
ProfessaKaos's Avatar
ProfessaKaos ProfessaKaos is offline
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,477
would love to have the SSL FX as separate devices but I don't care to much for seeing visual curves
  #8  
Old 2012-09-03, 16:25
deepndark's Avatar
deepndark deepndark is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,887
People often say my mixes sound spot on and this has not been needed.
  #9  
Old 2012-09-04, 14:35
dacess123 dacess123 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 252
Yes please!
__________________
Check out the links below to hear Music I've made using Reason!

http://www.patrickjay.co.uk/
http://soundcloud.com/search?q%5Bfulltext%5D=patrickjay
  #10  
Old 2012-09-04, 14:47
omshanti20 omshanti20 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 755
***********************

Last edited by omshanti20; 2013-05-10 at 02:56.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bug report: autowiring happens when no device is selected dberthelo Phead User Forum (read only) 1 2009-05-18 11:17


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:42.