Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-09-03, 12:33

Help needed with instruments in sequencer

Hi everyone
Can anyone please tell me how to change an instrument in the sequencer without deleting the track as well? I find that I like the melody I've come up with, but want to change the instrument without having to delete all my hard work. Thanks.

Last edited by Sandstorm2012; 2012-09-03 at 12:55.
Old 2012-09-03, 12:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm2012 View Post
Hi everyone
Can anyone please tell me how to change an instrument in the sequencer without deleting the track as well? I find that I like the melody I've come up with, but want to change the instrument without having to delete all my hard work. Thanks.
By instrument I take our you don't mean change the patch for whatever device your using right? Well just load another instrument device, load a patch in that device and move the midi information from what ever device you want and put out onto that device's midi track in the seq (page 172 in the reason 6.5.1 manaul talks about moving clips). I invite you to read the manaul about seq or working with clips. There's alot of stuff to learn in that manaul. O haven't tread the whole thing myself but whenever I have a question I look there first and always seem to find my answer most times.

Last edited by djfm1983; 2012-09-03 at 13:01.
Old 2012-09-03, 12:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by djphathead View Post
By instrument I take our you don't mean change the patch for whatever device your using right? Well just load another instrument device, load a patch in that device and move the midi information from what ever device you want and put out onto that device's midi track in the seq (page 172 in the reason 6.5.1 manaul talks about moving clips). I invite you to read the manaul about seq or rowling with clips. There's alot of stuff to learn in that manaul. O haven't tread the whole thing myself but whenever I have a question I look there first and always seem to find my answer most times.
Thanks for that. I'll give that a try. I have read the manual a little bit, but I've only started using Reason ( changed from FL Studio) recently so I can only digest so much a day.
Old 2012-09-03, 13:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandstorm2012 View Post
Thanks for that. I'll give that a try. I have read the manual a little bit, but I've only started using Reason ( changed from FL Studio) recently so I can only digest so much a day.
Well let me welcome you to the Reason forum and I hope you enjoy using Reason. The understanding will come with time. Been using Reason myself for over ten years and still find myself learning new things in the manaul. There are plenty of videos online that can help get you started also. If your fairly new to mixing I invite you to check out this video link I posted on https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=166145 . It's not a video about using Reason but more a video on the art of mixing and understanding the concepts behind visualizing a mix.
Old 2012-09-03, 14:24

Just click on the folder (Browse patch) button on your device. This will take you to the browser, where you can select another patch for the current device, or a patch for any other device (if you click the "Show all"* button in the browser's main pane). Once you double-click the patch you want, Reason will automatically replace the current device with the one matching the new patch.

* Not sure if the button's caption reads "Show all" or "Display all", but you'll see it anyway.
Old 2012-09-05, 06:42

Thank you, that's much easier.
Old 2012-09-06, 01:56

Hmm I too thought he wanted to change from a SubTractor to a Malstrom.

(Like I do THAT all day)