Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-09-03, 12:46

A Musical Ode to Charlotte Bronte

Here is my consciously longish Ode to Charlotte Bronte, the author of Jane Eyre:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A54aCfLfRzM

I hope you like it.

Billy M. "B'nayvoovah"
Old 2012-09-03, 13:24

I appreciate some of the surprising patch changes you threw in there the energy seems to stay sort of flat throughout tho, due to the drums not variating. Drums will always be your best way to build and release energy.. even just dropping them for a few measures and bringing them back in can really grab the listener's attention.
Old 2012-09-03, 13:26

Well, I like drum variations, but usually I use a drum beat I like just to keep time. Thanks for listening and your comment Lunesis.
Old 2012-09-03, 14:44

Some really interesting moments

on the keyboard. Keith Emerson like motifs here and there. Might be worth going through and clean up a few of the missed notes. I agree with the drum comment.
Old 2012-09-03, 15:42

I haven't really yet for some reason developed a knack for organizing drum parts, and I would play just solo synth without the backup, but I prefer to have at least some drums playing in the back. I like it a tad better. With the drums or conceptual arrangement of my music, I am thinking of a kind of minimal techno or house music beat, but with a melodic synth that always changes melodies during a live improvisation. I had until just recently a Boss Drum machine which would play drum songs to which I could play to, but I found the songs in it a little hard to follow, so I decided to stick with a more basic beat and develop the complexities of melody in the synth. Thanks for listening Scoobyman too and your comment.
Old 2012-09-03, 17:35

Here ya go buddy...
http://www.propellerheads.se/downloa...=rhythm_supply ....
now you can do drums.
I live in Lancashire, England.