Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2012-09-02, 01:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigant View Post
Good mix just here some clicks here and there,how is your latency?
Awesome you noticed, actually.

Those clips, all can be fixed easily in Adobe Audition using a Spectral Editor = Id love to make a video of how that thing works.

Essentially, I just draw a box around the clip/problem and theres a very effective "Auto Heal" function that fixes and removes any clip.

SO...you called out one of the big issues with this track. Because the clipping is happening inside Studio One v2.0 AFTER I do the Audio Quantizing.

Interestingly, I think all clips are on my guitar track. So when it moved the notes, I think it caused some clips.

But thats weird, isnt it? Making a fucntin that can possibly incur nasty clips? Again, I have limited experience with audio quantizing and have only done it on drums before, really. But in effort to save this song in its ultra-slim timeframe, I thought Id try out the Audio Quantize and see how it went.

But yes, I can fix the clips luckily.

Whats going to happen, is im going to have to experiment with Studio One and that project by reloading the unquatized original stems, Quantizing them, then exporting all the stems AGAIN and see if the same errors pop up in the same place. Then Ill know its how Studio One is processing the audio...and, unfortunately, putting errors in it.

I know on my Focusrite driver, I get the slider down to 3ms = I know its usually listed in samples, but the control panel for this driver just says 3ms. I need to bump it up to 5ms when things start to get gnarly.
Old 2012-09-02, 02:08

Great Song

All the technical stuff has been addressed already. I like the song. Nice guitar playing too. Are you putting a mic to a guitar, or is that a plug in nylon?
Old 2012-09-02, 02:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyman View Post
All the technical stuff has been addressed already. I like the song. Nice guitar playing too. Are you putting a mic to a guitar, or is that a plug in nylon?
Its a plug-in Nylon string = Crafter

Its a nice one, for sure...I played it for 2 years on and off when Id go into a music store - the guys were like "You're the only one that plays that" - eventually, I got it.

Word is, Taylor actually did threaten a lawsuit, as its REAL similar to one of their main models that sells for like 2 or $3000. This one here was close to $1000. Crafter, outta UK, make amazing instruments. For sure.

Last edited by RasCricket; 2012-09-02 at 02:21.
Old 2012-09-02, 02:28

Nice Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasCricket View Post
Its a plug-in Nylon string = Crafter

Its a nice one, for sure...I played it for 2 years on and off when Id go into a music store - the guys were like "You're the only one that plays that" - eventually, I got it.

Word is, Taylor actually did threaten a lawsuit, as its REAL similar to one of their main models that sells for like 2 or $3000. This one here was close to $1000. Crafter, outta UK, make amazing instruments. For sure.
Nice sound, and good looking. Thanks.
Old 2012-09-02, 04:02

Sorry, I would have checked it out but mostly I browse the forums from my phone.
Old 2012-09-02, 07:50

I don't like Reggae. But love the theme. Singing fits in nicely with effects to boot. Good job.
Old 2012-09-02, 21:32

Thanks for checkin it out and thanks for the help, guys.

Taking this version down for now till its done.
Old 2012-09-05, 13:47

Hey Ras, seems I missed the boat on this one but just wanted to drop by and say I gave it a listen when originally posted and it sounded great!

Super heavy, speaker-bustin' sounds as always from you. Very nicely mixed and produced, and the track itself is niiiice - very catchy and has a genuine rootsy 'warmth' to it.

Good job mate. Look forward to hearing a finished version soon.
Old 2012-09-06, 16:38

i just listened to a lot of your stuff. Great work Ras