Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-09-06, 16:52

Thanks, Carl, I appreciate the feedback. They Might Be Giants is an awesome, classic band and Thom Yorke is a huge vocal hero to me so I take that as a compliment. That said, I do plan on focusing on my voice, I think practicing "studio vocals" is exactly right. My girlfriend has often said that when I'm recording I don't quite sound 'like myself' if that makes any sense. I think there is a phenomenon, whether it's singing or performing any musical instrument where pressing record puts you on the spot, and I think it might come from thinking about it too much, or 'trying' too hard. I will be sharpening the saw for sure.

I'm glad you liked listening to my efforts. My goal was to put myself 100% into it and do the best I can, and on that front, I feel like I succeeded. Every effort comes with its shortcomings and I'm glad to spotlight them to improve them for next time. That's why I truly do appreciate all the feedback. The 'negative' or constructive stuff is actually most useful, while I enjoy the positive or 'encouraging' feedback personally

Thanks for listening!!