Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-09-06, 17:34

no !! lol .
the fact of it all is if ya not a live performing artist realy your pickings are limited anyhow, the world wants acts they can put on the stage etc etc.
think less of winning and more of what you enjoyed about creating it .
no more arguments from me, two views from different sides of fences are good views and also a constructive set of views both have validitys.
and for the record I would have loved to have heard a jazzed version more than the dance one to be honest .
so no over to me no more lol.
Old 2012-09-06, 17:38

Cool, goodbye
Old 2012-09-06, 23:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderline View Post
So you think there ISNT a reason sound???

Really??

I love Reason, but it definitely has a distinctive sound.... (not so much now that audio has been let in, but the synths/drums defo do... )
Depends how you use them
Old 2012-09-07, 00:04

Professionally recorded vocals and instrument stems, no matter how few you use will drastically change the overall sound when played together with, for argument's sake, unprofessional, dry, drumparts.

Your ears "fill in" the difference sort of speak.

Muting those three parts you've used (vocals, horns, strings) in your remix while everything else is playing vs. unmuted everything should let you hear the "everything else" parts in a completely different light (they'll seem far less impressive sounding and of a different quality).

Though I agree Reason definitely had a sound of it's own and it could take quite alot of processing to end up with a satisfying endresult, I've never agreed with or understood those who viewed "the Reason sound" as something negative.

If anything, it thought me how to tweak and listen precisely and Combine all sorts of devicechains in a near-surgical fashion.
That said, I'm glad I bought Ozone and the Softube RE's Far less work to get a good, clean and clear mix.
Old 2012-09-08, 07:41

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlubeck View Post

Though I agree Reason definitely had a sound of it's own and it could take quite alot of processing to end up with a satisfying endresult, I've never agreed with or understood those who viewed "the Reason sound" as something negative.
I would tend to agree with this. I'll come back witht the feature length answer to the riddle at the end of the voting period