Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-09-10, 09:59

Exclamation Predator RE (FIX THE PROBLEM)

About Predator RE! on reason 6.5

Why can´t i "reach FX 1-7" etc from the Edit mode?
I can´t reach them from the Combinator either. I find it sad that it is only possible to reach FX 1-7 from only one mod wheel

Last edited by NMRosta; 2012-09-10 at 10:50. Reason: Picture of Predator RE problem
Old 2012-09-10, 11:23

Yes, it's the only way to automate the FX parameters.

This might be an issue with the RE and not Reason itself, so you might be better off reporting this directly to Rob Papen. My guess is that there's just too many possible parameters (each of the 20+ FX have it's own set of parameters) to allow direct control.

This also ties in to your "PAR 7" question: Because any of the three slots can have one from a selection of 20+ or so FX, it wouldn't be very practical to have them all listed with their unique parameter name, that is why it's named so generic as i.e. PAR 7.

Remember that what you describe as tone is only called tone as long as you have that particular FX loaded in that slot.
Old 2012-09-10, 11:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXode View Post
Yes, it's the only way to automate the FX parameters.

This might be an issue with the RE and not Reason itself, so you might be better off reporting this directly to Rob Papen. My guess is that there's just too many possible parameters (each of the 20+ FX have it's own set of parameters) to allow direct control.

This also ties in to your "PAR 7" question: Because any of the three slots can have one from a selection of 20+ or so FX, it wouldn't be very practical to have them all listed with their unique parameter name, that is why it's named so generic as i.e. PAR 7.

Remember that what you describe as tone is only called tone as long as you have that particular FX loaded in that slot.
eXode is right, there are far to many parameters to allow direct access to each one. Assigning a midi CC to the modulation desination is the only way around it. Jon(Rob's programming partner) is looking into it to see if there is another way to allow direct access but for now this is the only way.

If you assign a rotary in a combinator(say CC16)then in the modulation section of Predator add CC16 as source and which ever 'FX par' you require as destination you can automate the Combinator knob to change/automate the FX.

Last edited by tonalaxis; 2012-09-10 at 11:41. Reason: Added
Old 2012-09-10, 11:46

Yeah it is also possible to change the FX in the Predator-re(MOD) if the destination is FX1 PART 7

Atleast they shoud have more wheels (like the mod-wheel)

i also find it enoying that the difrent part is named FX1 PART 7
why not:

FX1 LEFT
FX1 LP
FX1 RIGHT
FX1 HP
FX1 FEED
FX1 MOD AMT
FX1 CROSS
FX1 EQUAL

etc????
Old 2012-09-10, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by FogstridEr View Post
i also find it enoying that the difrent part is named FX1 PART 7
why not:

FX1 LEFT
FX1 LP
FX1 RIGHT
FX1 HP
FX1 FEED
FX1 MOD AMT
FX1 CROSS
FX1 EQUAL

etc????
Because FX1 can have 20+ different FX, so that would mean that you would need all names for all effect parameters available (i.e. 8 x 20 = over 160 possible parameter names just for FX1)
Old 2012-09-10, 12:06

I understand that. Im not a programmer so i guess it is a pretty hard thing to fix. But still. It shoud be possible to fix some kind of controll recording.. With all do respect but i spent $ 119,-. on this machine and i Love it! And thats why it shoud be perfect made and controlled.

Atleast they coud do is putt the FX Parts in the top of the list. Because it takes 10 seconds to scroll down to the very FX1 PART1...

"Scroll of death"
Old 2012-09-10, 12:09

Quote:
I understand that. Im not a programmer so i guess it is a pretty hard thing to fix. But still. It shoud be possible to fix some kind of controll recording.. With all do respect but i spent $ 119,-. on this machine and i Love it! And thats why it shoud be perfect made and controlled.

Atleast they coud do is putt the FX Parts in the top of the list. Because it takes 10 seconds to scroll down to the very FX1 PART1...

"Scroll of death"
It's not possible with the current Rack Extension SDK, but hopefully things will be able to be grouped in a future update.
Old 2012-09-10, 12:13

I sure hope so! Well im not dying! It is still possible to change and record the knobs but it just take a little bit longer. Is there not any superman who can fix this programming issues? hahaha Grr!
Old 2012-09-10, 12:19

Quote:
I sure hope so! Well im not dying! It is still possible to change and record the knobs but it just take a little bit longer. Is there not any superman who can fix this programming issues? hahaha Grr!
lol

Rob and Jon are listening to feedback, and I'm 100% sure that concerns are being taken on board. Remember that Rack Extensions are new and it's not quite so easy to port a VST/AU into this new format. Predator will improve with time as more features become available in the RE SDK.

Glad you like Predator RE though.

Cheers
Old 2012-09-10, 12:22

Yeah! I love it!

It is because of Predator i will be playing on BOOM festival 2014 so im pretty glad about it!

I looking forward for next update! Peace