Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-01-06, 22:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXode View Post
I'd really love a separate oversampling option for CV. It would be awesome if we could run CV in full audio rate (or even X time full audiorate). Man how I'd love to do some cross device FM through CV at full audio rate...
+1, but…
It's not oversampling when you simply raise the CV sample rate! Reaktor allows you to do this (adjust the CV and audio sample rate separately), and I've found it to be helpful in some cases. it's nice to have control over it because it CAN affect CPU issues easily. :-)
USA
Old 2012-01-06, 23:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
+1, but…
It's not oversampling when you simply raise the CV sample rate! Reaktor allows you to do this (adjust the CV and audio sample rate separately), and I've found it to be helpful in some cases. it's nice to have control over it because it CAN affect CPU issues easily. :-)
Yeha, true. A bit tired (tis 23:00 ere) so I should have though about it more. The freedom to set the CV sample rate would be nice.
Old 2012-01-07, 07:36

+1, great idea.
Old 2012-01-07, 09:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXode View Post
I'd really love a separate oversampling option for CV. It would be awesome if we could run CV in full audio rate (or even X time full audiorate). Man how I'd love to do some cross device FM through CV at full audio rate...
So CV isnt at full audio rate already, i don't grasp this could you explain what you mean?
Old 2012-01-07, 09:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
+1, but…
Yea things could get a little silly - seems from what i can gather that 8x is becoming industry standard rate. I read somewhere that to to remove all aliasing out of the range you need about 100 x over sampling - thats melt down territory
Old 2012-01-07, 10:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezob1 View Post
So CV isnt at full audio rate already, i don't grasp this could you explain what you mean?
CV signals and most forms of internal modulation is clocked at a measly 64th of full audio rate.

You can, if you wish, try it out by converting an audio signal into a cv signal and back again with a Thor.

Another example is the beginner's trap AM in Thor (routing one audio signal to a destination while scaling it with another). It results in quantized crap.
Old 2012-01-07, 10:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokeijikaku View Post
CV signals and most forms of internal modulation is clocked at a measly 64th of full audio rate.

You can, if you wish, try it out by converting an audio signal into a cv signal and back again with a Thor.

Another example is the beginner's trap AM in Thor (routing one audio signal to a destination while scaling it with another). It results in quantized crap.
ok cheers, done that converting thing in THOR before
Old 2012-09-10, 20:02
TheodoreM

YES PLEASE! or even just put a high quality mode for the two oldest synths that is just an option that will not break backwards compatibility....
Old 2012-09-11, 15:55

agree
agree

http://www.youtube.com/fathergitamusic