Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-09-06, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgeez View Post
+1... MatterFact +10 anyone who doesn't see the clear benefit to this might be a lil.. well.. un.. trained in the art of mangling samples into something entirely new and cool I get sick of only being able to find an mp3 of a recording I want and then having to convert it in a 3rd party program, them export that, import back into Reason or Recycle... Just a waste of time
I am ill that's for sure! But no i don't see any advantage in using mp3. They get degraded in a bad way, not the 'nice' way.
Old 2012-09-06, 17:23

Wow! I didn't think this issue would be so divided.. But on the +1 side, how would mp3 capability hurt those who didn't want to use it?? Just don't use it..
Old 2012-09-06, 17:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
I am ill that's for sure! But no i don't see any advantage in using mp3. They get degraded in a bad way, not the 'nice' way.
Haha! I believe u Dave!! But have u listened to Kanye's "My Beautiful Dark Twisted" something or other He broke soo many barriers with the quality and degradation of sounds and samples..
Old 2012-09-06, 18:11

Haha he did for sure, love that album. He sure broke them down nicely in there! It is indeed the sound you are after and it might just be me I do like degraded sounds but then i want full control over the degradation level. Also something i discovered is that if you f.e. have to work with a beat delivered in MP3 the timing goes way off meaning that samples really get lost during the conversion. Like a 90 bpm beat will sync nicely in the beginning to the grid and then graduately goess off it.
Old 2012-09-12, 05:45

Hmm.. never heard or experienced that problem.. Usually there is just a lost of some very low or hi freq (which the average ear can't tell)... I usually cut my samples up.. a lot, so i just load them into a nnxt or better a Dr. Octo (if u have Recycle)
Old 2012-09-12, 13:40

Yes

+1

compatibility is a good thing.

come on PH.

and i'm disappointed in you "-1" people.

that just doesn't make any practical sense.

i suppose we should ditch electricity and go back to quills and candlelight.

moving on...

if anyone understands the technical issue keeping .mp3's or any other file format from working, i'd like to know.

Until then, SHUT UP AND +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2012-09-12, 13:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgeez View Post
Hmm.. never heard or experienced that problem.. Usually there is just a lost of some very low or hi freq (which the average ear can't tell)... I usually cut my samples up.. a lot, so i just load them into a nnxt or better a Dr. Octo (if u have Recycle)

Yeah when you cut them up in small pieces the drifting won't be a problem. It's when the files get longer you'll encounter these artifacts
Old 2012-09-12, 16:59

+1 for me too.
mp3 is so practical in working with others, sharing small files back and forth, etc.
Old 2012-09-12, 21:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushedbutton View Post
-1. You put shit in, you get shit out.
maybe we need a dac1 from adam RE for that ... but this would be impossible I guess!

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !