Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-09-13, 20:22

Upgrading

After losing everything, I have reinstalled Reason 4 and Record from my discs as I couldnt get my ignition key recognised.

I did the "pay what you like" upgrade.

How do I get it and what is it called. Is it REason 1.5???? Reason 6.5???

If so, I see them in "my account". If so, can I just click the download button and they'll work?
Old 2012-09-13, 21:27

From your account/applications at top of this webpage, download the latest version (reason 6.5) install, run with internet verification using your user name and pass which you use to access your account. It will then run.
To sort out your ignition key, to avoid internet verification everytime you run, go to your account/applications/manage licenses and it will look for your key (which should be in the usb on your machine) and write the new license to the key.
It's very simple, your account at top contains all of your software/licenses to download and use as you see fiut, you dont need any discs or other stuff
Old 2012-09-13, 21:42

Do I need to download Reason 6.5 AND Record 1.5?
Old 2012-09-13, 22:04

No, but Reason 6.5 is a combination of both Record and Reason (featuring audio tracks and the reason rack combined with the full Record mixing desk) Just install, write the license to the ignition key, and you're away.
You can download whatever you like however, it's your choice, the options are there.
Old 2012-09-13, 22:12

Magic. Thanks for all the help. My download speeds pretty slow and takes 2 hours to download, so I'll have another go tomorrow. If I dont need it, then I'll only download REason 6.5

Cheers!!!
Old 2012-09-13, 22:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyzak View Post
After losing everything, I have reinstalled Reason 4 and Record from my discs as I couldnt get my ignition key recognised.

I did the "pay what you like" upgrade.
You don't need to install R4/Record to use the upgrade, in fact, it is recommended that you uninstall older versions before installing the new one.

Here is the download for Reason 6.5.1 which is all you need: https://www.propellerheads.se/download/reason/

(Well, make sure you have the R6.5 license under 'your account'. If you only see R6, click on the 'get my free upgrade' link, which adds the free R6.5 license to your account.)

'Upgrade' is not a function of the software itself - the 'upgrade' is always the full version, it does not add on to your previous version's software, it replaces it entirely, which is nice, it means you always get a full clean install when you upgrade.

Upgrade is just an aspect of pricing and the type of license - an 'upgrade license' adds on to your base reason license (the first version you purchased at full price).

The download says 'demo' but that's just a runtime mode, with your license on your key, it will run in full version mode (which you can also access via internet verification).

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2012-09-13, 22:15

When the download is over and installed, copy the reason install file to another external drive for safe keeping so you won't have the same nightmare again
Old 2012-09-13, 22:21

HA Ha Fair point
Old 2012-09-14, 14:13

Firstly, thanks for helping me get this far in my reinstallation. I appreciate it!!!!

Anyway, as mentioned previously, I bought the Reason upgrade on the "pay whats fair" promotion. I've loaded REason 4 and Record 1 back on, and managed to get my ignition key working again.

I then tried to load Reason 6 (or 6.5 as its showing on download)...........Heres what happens.

1. Download Completes
2. Try to open it, and it says I need to authorise
3. Doesnt recognise the key
4. Internet Verification says "You do not have this programme registered to your account)
5. If I say its an upgrade it asks me for numbers I dont ever remember receiving.
6. I go to "my account" and Reason 6 is there to be downloaded.
7. Theres an ignition key against it.

So I cant run it.

I go to "my account". Reason 6 is there to download with the picture of the ignition key against it.

Totally lost now. :-(

Any thoughts anyone?
Old 2012-09-15, 01:32

I don't remember what (if anything) I had to do anything to get 6.5 added to my account, but that's what it shows in my account. If yours still lists Reason 6 as the latest version you have, look around in there for a way to update it to 6.5.

Once you've got Reason 6.5 installed and listed in your account, you should be able to use the Manage Licenses link to install the license on your key, and even without that you should be able to run it in Internet Verification mode.

Does that work?