Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-09-15, 16:00

Angry Internet verification and Re's really suck!

Now the license server for Re's is dead I cannot use my Re's with internet verification...
Not even the ones I have paid for...
As it seems, Reason internet verification is another thing as Re verification... because Reason starts but my Re's not...

Bummer!!!

Marc
Old 2012-09-15, 16:11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnieuwhof View Post
Now the license server for Re's is dead I cannot use my Re's with internet verification...
As it seems, Reason internet verification is another thing as Re verification... because Reason starts but my Re's not...

Bummer!!!

Marc
You should've to write them on IK right after purchase & now wouldn't be a problem!
Old 2012-09-15, 18:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnieuwhof View Post
Let me try and get you up to speed here.

Go to the main website, logon, and go to your account page. Make sure you have the ikey plugged into your computer!

Fully on the top in the red bar (left to the search section) you have the link "your account", click it.

You'll end up on the 'applications' tab which will show Reason, maybe Record (didn't look at your icons), etc. I doubt this will be an issue for you, so we'll skip this.

Click the next tab "Rack extensions".

Notice that big red button "Manage license" on top? Click it!

Now you'll see a window pop up and it will most likely fire up the program associated with your key (the so called "Authorizer program"). Basically what is happening is this:
Rack Extensions

Combined license for all your Rack Extensions.

iow; you're downloading a keyfile which contains the licenses for all the RE's you own and put all of that on your ikey. Thus effectively making sure that all the RE's you own will be licensed and recognized even without internet verification.

This trick should even work when the license server is down (I think); it works now while the inet verification.... also works. Oh well, screw that

Either way; do these steps and you won't have to worry about inet verification for your paid stuff ever again.

Good luck!

Peter

Using the Big Trio: Live 9 Suite, Max (for Live) and Reason 6.5.
Spam: SynthFan.info

Old 2012-09-15, 18:37

Even if you have bought REs and have written them to your ignition key Reason will notice your new trial and require a connection to the license server before allowing you to run REs you've already bought. I was caught out this way the first time the servers went down. Props need to sort this out by at least splitting the RE licenses so any updates don't affect previously bought licenses!
Old 2012-09-15, 18:43
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ahg View Post
Even if you have bought REs and have written them to your ignition key Reason will notice your new trial and require a connection to the license server before allowing you to run REs you've already bought. I was caught out this way the first time the servers went down. Props need to sort this out by at least splitting the RE licenses so any updates don't affect previously bought licenses!
Yes, but if you'd delete the cache file which responsible for "try RE's" a big one, then you won't get any notifications! I have Pulsar on IK & even when servers down I don't get any notifications, furthermore, even when your internet connection could be down!
Old 2012-09-15, 18:47

I never complain about the dialog, I was blocked from my bought REs when I deleted a trial because the server was down. I'm not going to chance it this time and I won't have time to trial RE for a couple if weekends.
Old 2012-09-15, 18:51
Banned

Anyway guys have to know, if they have theirs bought RE's on theirs IK, they could just delete big cache file & go on with theirs RE's & Reason, simple as that!
Old 2012-09-15, 18:56
Banned

And btw, if you have your RE's written on your IK, you don't even need an internet connection & if you have some trials RE's & you're getting that log in window you could simply just press continue without!

I don't see any problem at all unless you don't have your bought RE's written on your IK!
Old 2012-09-15, 19:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate View Post
Yes, but if you'd delete the cache file which responsible for "try RE's" a big one, then you won't get any notifications! I have Pulsar on IK & even when servers down I don't get any notifications, furthermore, even when your internet connection could be down!
This could be dangerous. A better way (IMO) is to use Reason itself to delete them.

So:

Start Reason but /without/ Internet verification (this makes sure your trial RE's aren't in use).
Go to Window -> Rack Extensions

Now you're in a list with all installed RE's. If you remove the ones which were on trial you'll also make sure that Reason stops nagging you.

IMO this is a safer approach because you're not manually messing with system files thus avoid any possible mistakes.

Peter

Using the Big Trio: Live 9 Suite, Max (for Live) and Reason 6.5.
Spam: SynthFan.info

Old 2012-09-15, 19:24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelLuser View Post
This could be dangerous. A better way (IMO) is to use Reason itself to delete them.

So:

Start Reason but /without/ Internet verification (this makes sure your trial RE's aren't in use).
Go to Window -> Rack Extensions

Now you're in a list with all installed RE's. If you remove the ones which were on trial you'll also make sure that Reason stops nagging you.

IMO this is a safer approach because you're not manually messing with system files thus avoid any possible mistakes.
Whatever you like, nice approach as well!

Hmm, just tried to delete those ones which on trials & still getting that Log In Window, so it's anyway about that big cache file!

BTW what the names of your cache files, does they're ends on 909c & 59c?

Last edited by Mate; 2012-09-15 at 19:29.