Propellerhead Software
Old 2011-10-17, 14:58

A problem with installing reason!

Hello, today i recieved a beautiful shiny box with reason 6 in it. I was happy to finally have gotten it and as i arived home i ran straight to my laptop in order to register and use it as fast as possible. I unbox it and admire the gorgeous USB-Stick that i find within. I put the stickers and other non-relevant stuff aside and insert the CD. I drag the reason folder icon onto my HD. It installs for a while and finally lets me access its goods. I click the reason icon and after a few brief moments i get this message:

"Additional installation required
Reason needs to install a system extension for the Ignition Key hardware.
This will take a few moments and requires that you provide your Administrator password. After the installation, you will be asked to restart your computer.
"

I choose "Install and restart" after which i receive another screen telling me to give reason 6 the permisson to do whatever by entering my password. The message goes away and reason just kinda stands there for a few moments. Later, it silently closes and no other action follows - no restart nor any other message.

I'm kinda confused and also a bit angry (aswell hungry). I spent about an hour on trying to solve this problem although had no luck in doing so... Priviously i owned a demo of reason 6 which gave me the exact same message until i have finally desided to uninstall the demo.

If someone knows how i could help the situation, please help me!! I want to start working with reason today!!
Old 2011-10-17, 14:59

I own a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard
Old 2012-01-23, 03:03

Same thing just happened to me. What happened/helped you?
Old 2012-08-15, 05:43

Can anybody assist with this? I'm having the same problem. I just got a new computer and wanted to start working on it, but loading Reason is not working.
Old 2012-08-15, 05:54

Do you want Reason 6.5? (Hint: the answer is "yes").

1. Uninstall anything on your computer from the attempted install that failed

2. Make sure Ignition Key is not plugged into your computer

3. Login to site - goto your account, and register your Reason 6 license

4. On the your account page, click on the upgrade banner to add reason 6.5 license to your account

5. Go here for current version Reason 6.5.1: https://www.propellerheads.se/download/reason/
* Below the links for MAC OS and Windows are links to install instructions - read and follow the appropriate instructions
* Download and install appropriate version of reason per instructions.

6. Once reason is installed - start reason - then exit reason --- this completes the installation of authorizer

7. Plug in ignition key

8. Using IE or Chrome, login to props site, access your account, applications, and click on manage license -- follow instructions to write license to key.

9. Start reason - with and/or without key plugged in - it should work either way.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2012-08-15, 14:09

That didn't work. I installed it, click on it and this came up

"An error occurred during verification of installed files. Contact support or reinstall the application. Now terminating."

This is really frustrating. I just want to use the program.
Old 2012-08-15, 16:32

And I would email support, but considering that finding out how to email them has taken me more than an hour --and adding even more time to this mess-- with no luck, I guess I will just wait. and keep waiting.
Old 2012-09-15, 21:10

me too , same thing , how did u solve the problem?
Old 2013-01-16, 00:56
FilthHead

how do you fix this? I'm extremely annoyed I waited 4 hours for the program to download and now I can't use it for shit..
Old 2013-09-04, 15:40

Hi,
I have the same problem. Did you solve it ?