Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-09-16, 19:24

Question Reason rewired to FL Studio

The whole year I've been thinking to buy FL Studio as my second choice to make music. I could also rewire it with Reason. Do the Reason audio tracks work while rewireing it to FL Studio?
Old 2012-09-16, 21:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirnikas View Post
Do the Reason audio tracks work while rewireing it to FL Studio?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that...

Basically an audio track which contains audio data will easily be able to play and process its material (insert effects) after which it gets send to the master.

However, you obviously can't use them to record audio because Reason won't have access to the audio hardware of the computer while its operating in rewire slave mode. The hardware will be accessible from within the rewire master only.

PS: you can use an audio track to record audio from another mix channel or audio track device, even if you have Reason rewired into another host.

Peter

Using the Big Trio: Live 9 Suite, Max (for Live) and Reason 6.5.
Spam: SynthFan.info

Old 2012-09-16, 22:15

slightly OT but - I use FL for vst's, and it was a great DAW to learn on but I find as I push it harder (when mixing especially) it's performance and stability suffer a lot. This has just been my experience - one of the reasons I try to use Reason for more and more things. Definitely download the demo and load up a bunch of vsts and audio tracks and see how it feels wrt performance and stability. I can't really help with the audio track rewire question as I installed reason in 64 bit mode and I cant slave it to FL(since its 32 bit and doesn't support rewire to 64 bit reason). I would have to have also install the 32 bit version of Reason to do that. I still find FL a usable second DAW - its easy to use and has a pretty good feature set - but its stability is what annoys me. Anyhow thats my 2 cents. check it out and judge for yourself. Good luck with it
Old 2012-09-17, 04:03

What they said, I'll add that it has some pretty nice stuff in the box IMO, i like the Edison audio editor. and it's fairly inexpensive, but I find the workflow very strange, unintuitive I guess.