Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-09-19, 14:01

First happy with your sound but suddenly not anymore. How do you deal with it?

Hi guys!

You know that days when you think you song will rock the world coz you think its great, and suddenly you dont think so anymore. Suddenly the kickdrum sucks, the bass doesnt fit anymore, ...

Today is one of these days.

How do you deal with it? Rest your ears?

Chris

Old 2012-09-19, 14:46

Yeah, i have that alot. When i think everything sounds great and i suddenly think it sucks i just start to work on something else and get back to it later. Usually the feeling resets to when i still thought it sounded great. Earfatigue plays a big role here. Just like i keep cranking the volume up coss after a while everything seems softer
Old 2012-09-19, 14:57

I get this a lot too. Usually when I listen to a reference mix and everything seems to sound better on that. Then again I tend to reference Deadmau5 and Skrillex so what do I expect?!

Do you find you end up leaving the song and never finishing it? That's what happens to me - story of my life!

"Music is my religion." Jimi Hendrix

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-09-19, 15:23

Thanks guys!

Yeah, working on a song the whole day and comparing it to people like Pendulum, Skrillex or Deadmau5 can really put you down to your knees...

I often find myself thinking:
"Okay, I rebuild the same structure they used for their Club Mix... why is mine still boring?"

Old 2012-09-19, 15:32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchinello View Post
Thanks guys!

Yeah, working on a song the whole day and comparing it to people like Pendulum, Skrillex or Deadmau5 can really put you down to your knees...

I often find myself thinking:
"Okay, I rebuild the same structure they used for their Club Mix... why is mine still boring?"
It's so simple to answer, it's coz you're trying to make something similar to some Skrillex - Shmirlex, don't do that, don't compare your music, make your own music, man!
Old 2012-09-19, 15:54

No, I am not copying. It is more like. "How do they get it grooving?"

Whenever I hear a new song of Scooter, I think: "Boy, another bad cover song... but, damn, sound-wise it is kicking ass!!!"

You know what I mean, do you not!?

Old 2012-09-19, 16:15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchinello View Post
No, I am not copying. It is more like. "How do they get it grooving?"

Whenever I hear a new song of Scooter, I think: "Boy, another bad cover song... but, damn, sound-wise it is kicking ass!!!"

You know what I mean, do you not!?
Sure, I'm always wanted to make more commercial sound & be more sound-wise like you've said, but then I realized that it's not the purpose for me, I just have fun with it & therefore I got track to track, some track I like, some not! Oh & I'm lazy!
Old 2012-09-19, 16:16

Last edited by omshanti20; 2013-05-10 at 14:46.
Old 2012-09-19, 16:20

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-09-19, 16:50