Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-09-20, 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawTooth View Post
In that case I apologise to you.
No problem.... It gave me a start.... I looked and said wtf.... my comment appeared rather stupid out of context like that.... Some spammer selling hand bags again.... I see that the props totally removed the other handbag thread as well.... At least they are moderating unlike Reason Station which decided it wasn't worth the bother....
A few of us tried to keep that site alive for the last 2 years and I even offered to help moderate many times.... Sad.... It was once a good site.
Old 2012-09-20, 20:59

Well, we rarely get spam posts round here these days. True there was that Spammageddon week, but that is far behind us now. I think the best to do now is to just report the post/thread and not bother to reply, so we don't attract more posters to the spam.
Old 2012-09-20, 21:38

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy View Post
Well, we rarely get spam posts round here these days. True there was that Spammageddon week, but that is far behind us now. I think the best to do now is to just report the post/thread and not bother to reply, so we don't attract more posters to the spam.
yes... I see your point. Sorry, I was in a bad mood yesterday
Old 2012-09-20, 21:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneykube View Post
yes... I see your point. Sorry, I was in a bad mood yesterday
Anyway, spam can really piss us off, so don't be hard on yourself!
Old 2012-09-20, 23:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneykube View Post
... Some spammer selling hand bags again...
You guys may think I’m crazy, but for more than one reason I think that handbag poster is the infamous Wavygravy/Flapphead/BirkeyPuffs/CornholioFarquhar/ FrankRemark/Nankerphelge/Igummo (Gummy)/et al turkey from one and two years ago. He was also hawking women’s lingerie (hott stuff, btw), kitchen utensils and ocean cruises to Timbuktu or somewhere. He also claimed to have a collection of 3,264 ReFills that he stored in a mahogany cabinet. (get it? 32-bit, 64-bit?)

Last edited by MayorMcCheese; 2012-09-20 at 23:40.
Old 2012-09-21, 18:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese View Post
You guys may think I’m crazy, but for more than one reason I think that handbag poster is the infamous Wavygravy/Flapphead/BirkeyPuffs/CornholioFarquhar/ FrankRemark/Nankerphelge/Igummo (Gummy)/et al turkey from one and two years ago. He was also hawking women’s lingerie (hott stuff, btw), kitchen utensils and ocean cruises to Timbuktu or somewhere. He also claimed to have a collection of 3,264 ReFills that he stored in a mahogany cabinet. (get it? 32-bit, 64-bit?)
Ha ha ... and I think it is the spam troll that shut down RS.... Charles DH Dirty Hairy