Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-09-17, 20:42

Unhappy Convert Reason 5 project into Reason 6.5

Hey,

i´ve bought Reason 6.5 a few days ago. Now i´ve seen, that all of my instruments/devices from the reason 5 project are connected to only one audiotrack in the "new" mixing area.
is there any opportunity to get my instruments to the correct channels in the mixing area?

copy and paste each device and change the settings like pan/vol ect. is a little bit time intensive

any solution?

thanks, tokksic
Old 2012-09-17, 22:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokksic View Post
Hey,

i´ve bought Reason 6.5 a few days ago. Now i´ve seen, that all of my instruments/devices from the reason 5 project are connected to only one audiotrack in the "new" mixing area.
is there any opportunity to get my instruments to the correct channels in the mixing area?

copy and paste each device and change the settings like pan/vol ect. is a little bit time intensive

any solution?

thanks, tokksic
You have to create a mix channel(in the utilities section) for each channel in your 14:2 mixer(s) and re route everything. Kinda like the real world, if you bought a new mixer you would have to re route everything to your new mixer. It does kinda suck but well worth the time invested. If you find out any better way to do it let me know.
Old 2012-09-17, 23:44

sounds simple but effective. thanks for your fast answer.
i think it will take some time. this project has a lot of devices. but it will be much, much faster than my first idea.

thank you and have a nice day =)
Old 2012-09-18, 00:05

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokksic View Post
sounds simple but effective. thanks for your fast answer.
i think it will take some time. this project has a lot of devices. but it will be much, much faster than my first idea.

thank you and have a nice day =)
Out of curiosity, what was your first idea?
Old 2012-09-18, 00:06

You might find this useful to map the 14:2 settings to the SSL settings: https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=153756

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano

Last edited by SteveDiverse; 2012-09-18 at 00:08.
Old 2012-09-18, 00:20

Here's a good article from November 2009, when Record first hit the street and the whole re-routing thing began because of the new SSL Mixer: http://www.reason101.net/101-creative-reason-projects/4-opening-reason-songs-in-record/ .

But start with this first. It's from the R6.5 Help and makes things a bit easier -

Last edited by MayorMcCheese; 2012-09-18 at 00:23.
Old 2012-09-18, 18:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by djphathead View Post
Out of curiosity, what was your first idea?
to copy/paste each device and edit the settings like pan/vol completely new
but i think it´s not the best solution ^^

@ stevediverse & mayormccheese:
thank you so much for this great solution. i´ve tried this and it works very well. there are only the fader/pan settings and stuff to edit -> no problem
i think this is the best and easiest method atm. and it is very comfortable...

big thanks to each of you =D
Old 2012-09-22, 03:46

Hi.

I know it's irritating to answer a question with a question - but why would you want to do that?

If you have band recordings - I totally understand. But if you have solely made projects, like any "electronic music", I think you can forget using SSL mixer. Converting instruments being hooked up with "old" line (6:2) and main (14:2) mixers just creates overhead audio and mix track devices (thus probably making audio routing more time consuming, depending on how it's coded - Propellerhead guys? ) but at least increasing units in your rack. In my experience SSL mixer does not give any value for editing the sound for these instruments in this kind of case because you can use combinators etc... and also keep your UI tidy.