Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-09-22, 20:17

"Reversed" midi messages?

Hello all,
At the school where I teach, I using Reason on windows (bleck) and keep encountering a maddening problem. After running a while, note on and off messages get reversed so that the note plays only when you release a key! Any ideas?
Thanks!
Tom
Old 2012-09-22, 23:43

Hello Tom

That sounds like the strangest thing. I've not heard of it before. Does this happen when you play notes from the sequencer or when you play notes from your controller?

If only when you play from your controller then I'd say it Sounds like a logic chip's going wack.

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2012-09-22, 23:45
Propellerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWa View Post
Hello all,
At the school where I teach, I using Reason on windows (bleck) and keep encountering a maddening problem. After running a while, note on and off messages get reversed so that the note plays only when you release a key! Any ideas?
Thanks!
Tom
That definitely sounds like a faulty keyboard or, perhaps more likely, a faulty sustain pedal connected to a keyboard. Let support know and they'll help you identify the problem: https://www.propellerheads.se/support_area/
Old 2012-09-23, 00:25

My midi sustain pedal has a reverse polarity switch which would have this effect. Maybe you have a loose connection on it.
To see if it is a hardware problem you could unplug the offending pedal and use the shift key while you have the on-screen keyboard loaded up. If that behaves as expected I'd be looking into replacing or repairing the pedal.
I live in Lancashire, England.