Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-09-22, 21:03
mcentanne

Metronome question

I'm currently using reason 6.5 in demo mode and so far I really like the program. The only question I have is whether or not it is possible to route the metronome to different channels? I'd like to hear the metronome in my headphones when I'm doing late night recording. Any help would be appreciated! (I tried searching this topic but for some reason I do not have access to view certain posts on this forum!)
Old 2012-09-22, 21:46

Threads in the user forum will only be shown to users with registered PH products. That's why you can't access them.

There is no way to route the metronome to other channels, but I'm pretty sure you will also hear it while using headphones.

Old 2012-09-22, 21:55
mcentanne

Thanks for the reply. Maybe it's just an issue with my interface. I can hear the metronome on the monitors connected to the main outs, but the audio coming through the headphone jack is without the metronome. I wish there was a way I could just have the headphone out mirror the mains.
Old 2012-09-22, 22:09

That should be done in the control panel of your interface indeed. I remember my Motu in which i had to mirror them. The crappy Alesis i'm using now does it automatically. What interface are you using?
Old 2012-09-22, 23:10

Or you could make your own metronome using a ReDrum pattern and route it to any channel you desire.
Old 2012-09-22, 23:42

yeah, we were wondering how to make a click track and just route to another out that only the drummer can hear-
--James
www.stereospread.com
www.facebook.com/stereospread
www.twitter.com/stereospread
www.soundcloud.com/stereospread
Old 2012-09-23, 05:20
mcentanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave909 View Post
That should be done in the control panel of your interface indeed. I remember my Motu in which i had to mirror them. The crappy Alesis i'm using now does it automatically. What interface are you using?
I'm using the Motu Microbook II. I kinda wish I would have went with something else that wasn't so darn fussy. I still can't get the regular mac audio to run through the headphone jack. Been round and round with Motu Tech support and was basically told my problem is computer specific. If I never wanted to use the headphone jack though, I would be really happy with it.